Show and tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show and tell

I was asked to take my 12 cylinder car to a local school for a "show and tell". (Note that mine is the only unfinished car) we talked about the cars for a bit,and I let the kids climb through my car. They loved the bench seat,and most of all LOVED the crank up windows! The kids waited in line to actually run the window up and down!
    See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

I used to be obsessed with the little rolldown window in my moms 68 falcon...

that was a very cool thing you did to show the kids. I know being a natural motor head would never forget it.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What are the roll up windows of which you speak ? In all seriousness, these kids probably haven't been in a car with roll up windows for as long as they can remember at least . I haven't looked at new cars for so long I'd guess that only pick-ups come standard with them now .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Doubt that Dan, man.. 90 Suburban...electric windows..
        83 GMC.. Crankers.. Only Toyota kept crankers later than 90.
        There might be cheaper models that aren't electric.
        Main reason I'm driving a 83 GMC crew dualie 4 by is the crank windows... ALL WORK
        Unlike every damn electric windowed viehcle I got.. At least one will not open and half move so slow!

Comment

It's funny that the kids picked up on, of all things, the windows! I'd have been groovin' on the V12! And I agree, a very cool thing to do for the kids and yours is NOT untouchable. Andy, you're a good guy!

Dan

Comment

@Dan Barlow while talking about the car one Girl holds up her hand and says "are those crank up windows?" I say "yes they are" and a chorus of voices are like "COOL"! The kids were keeping track of who's turn it was to run it up and down.
            V12 car
            Less than 800 built
            Made right here in Auburn
            Suicide doors
            And the main attraction is the old school windows!
            I knew you guys would appreciate this story

Comment

Barry- I remember some one in the family had a car that the VENT window was crank operated, THAT was cool!

Comment

I always liked the cars that had the power vent window .the only car that dad had that had a vent window that had power windows that had a vent window , that part was manual . Anway , back to crank ups . About the worst thing that happened to those , the little knob would fall off .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

my 87 subaru is crank. No end in sight. it makes for very lightweight doors as well.
                  it also has a vent that spews oak tree helicopters...manually opening.

my gmc in contrast is one of the heaviest doors ever shipped for normal people.. 220+ pounds with all the innards trim and glass.
                  I do trust the 96 and later stuff.. as long as the alternator was todays generation. Thinking all the time, it backs off switches.

I'd be in awe of the v12 myself. some kids have balance in their heads. My first and second favorite rides of all time:
                  vw beetle since I was diapers, and a v8 mack (class A - big rig).

Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                  X