Looking for some suggestions on new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some suggestions on new tires

I picked up this 1996 F-150 last year for something to hunt/fish, and general beating around. I haul all kinds of junk in it and it's a pretty good truck. 300-6 with a 5-speed and 4wheel drive. It has 31x10.5 x15's on it now but my right front keeps going flat so I'm going to get some new ones. What's a good off road tire nowadays?

Round. Round and mostly black.

I know - I'm no help. I stick with Michelins or Pirellis but I don't go off road. There are several guys on here (SBG, others) who do that so hopefully they'll chime in soon.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; January 18, 2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

modern buys, not much is bad.

Some LT rated help stop the deflation, but it is a slightly harder ride.

I went for some "kumho", still have the tire that nearly killed their business in america in the back.
      An LT rated tire with p-rated sidewalls. No one brought it to 40psi is my guess.. imagine if they tried 60.
      life and death mistake.

somewhere in the past 15 years, no mistakes allowed by anybody.
      The new kumhos turned out to be phenomenal.
      They must be making up for old stuff..
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cooper Discoverer A/T3... Can usually get best price at DiscountTireDirect...
        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I've had good luck with BFGoodrich All-Terrain, Nitto Terra Grappler, Cooper Discoverer, and General ATS. Either should work for your application.
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

I haven't bought 4x4 tires in a long while but back in the late 80s I was running BFG all terrains but wished I had gone with the mud terrains .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I have put about 30K on these...Excellent traction, low noise, and wearing great!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I have used the BF Goodrich all terrain tires on my 2002 F-150 4x4 and have always had great luck with them both on and off road.

Comment

i sell more cooper at3 s than other brands all together at my tire shop.
                  Charles

Comment

Are Coopers still USA made?
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I believe thay are made in Findlay Ohio
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I loved the Goodyear Wranglers that my Cherokee had, my dad had an F-150 that had Jetzon Revengers, and those seemed pretty good when I drove.
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I have 45,000 on my cooper AT/3's and the still have some life left in them. I would buy them again.
                          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

I have Hummer take-off 17 inch wheels on my 2001 Suburban 3/4 ton, and just replaced my Nitto Terra Grapplers after 65000 miles. they weren't completely warn out, but winter was coming, so we replaced them with a set of Generals, which I like. They are very similar to the BFG's, and work as well!
                            Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                            Gregg and Deb Miller
                            Verona, Wi.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas. I just got a set of Patagonia M/T. I'll try to remember to get a pic when I get home tonight. Pretty cheap tires but for the limited time I drive that thing they should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X