Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Tax writeoff?
    Tax, HELL. This is a hobby, and the best one I could imagine.

Another long phone conversation, we're gonna hold off on the media campaign until the website has all of the accurate information on it. It's a target-rich environment, so many opportunities for improvement. This is gonna be fun as hell, something I'd never imagined getting involved in. I'm thrilled, they're thrilled, this is gonna be good for this one little feller over here. Yep, a thing to pursue. I thought I'd run out of opportunities at my age, but this one is big. Whether it's actually big or not, it's big to me. Huge. Huge fun. Wow.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Patrick. Paging Patrick. Racing team procurement officer. I need a video camera, a nearly real one, with a hand-held wireless microphone that talks to the camera.

Comment

Careful.... Earn over $15K and you have to pay back Social Security!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fear.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1226105
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Careful.... Earn over $15K and you have to pay back Social Security!
          You're not hearing me. Fun, my contribution to society.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            So, now I need some ideas. I've been singularly stuck here on BS for years, 100.1 percent on General Discussion. Steve wants me to promote the sport on social media. I can handle the stuff at the track, but where else should I be? FaceBook. Well, I'll be able to update the ECTA FB page. From the media side of it.....I've got lots to learn.

Where else can I make some noise about ECTA? I ask because I seriously don't know. This is so new....and exciting.
            now you can twit.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Patrick, I've got a video camera on its way to the house. Bought. Right or wrong. I've got to learn how to use it ahead of time. You got treed, I think/hope it's the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

now you can twit.
                What's a twit? (I'm kidding, nearly, but not much)
                Last edited by pdub; December 31, 2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  What's a twit?
                  TWIT is an English term defined as; "a silly annoying person : FOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Andy's asleep at the wheel or he'd have beat you to that one.

Comment

boy, some people's children

twit a person who twitters. also, verb - the thing you create when you twitter.

did I just get trolled by a moderator?
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 31, 2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

twit a person who twitters. also, verb - the thing you create when you twitter.
                        Tweet or Tweeter are the terms you are searching for.

Comment

Tweet or Tweeter are the terms you are searching for.
                          nope.... in no way does Pdub look like tweetie bird....

Comment

nope.... in no way does Pdub look like tweetie bird....
                            My legs do, but thanks for covering my 6 !

Comment

Or in PDubs case, "twit"! (Just teasin' of course.....)

And seriously - I'm really happy for you, Peewee. I couldn't agree more that this FOR YOU! If I can add any support just send a PM. I've long thought that the association needed more PR, especially since the move from Ohio. Each meet needs to have a full roster and a waiting list (I remember one meet at Maxton when I had forgotten to register and had to wait for someone to break before Tonya registered me and let me run - my fault). These meets are SO cool that this is the way it ought to be. I agree with Andy's assessment on the target audience.

At one time in Ohio someone in town said they'd get a banner made to fly over Main Street announcing each meet (THIS WEEKEND! ECTA LAND SPEED RACING AT THE AIRPORT!! or something like that) but it never happened. No articles in the local paper. Basically, no one in town knew we were there but when they did they were really friendly and helpful. The local Auto Zone gave me jobber prices when I told them what I was doing there - that sort of thing. I'd suggest getting in the local paper AND the Memphis papers as they'll never get LSR any closer that Blytheville and there are lot more cars in Memphis. My point being that, especially with a local partner, there is a HUGE amount that can be done to broadcast the news. <<<<<FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>> (I'm hearing old Detroit Dragway commercials.......)

EDIT: Next time you talk to Steve or CJ please ask them if we need to register early for the half-mile classes or if we can just add that when we register.

Dan
                              Last edited by DanStokes; December 31, 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                EDIT: Next time you talk to Steve or CJ please ask them if we need to register early for the half-mile classes or if we can just add that when we register.

Dan
                                Thank you so much Dan, yeah it's a happy time over here, inside of this head.

Steve has said that I can speak for them. And if I ever get so confused about a question, I can call him. Which I will try to never do. It's a handoff. I'm super thrilled.

You can stop by the registration trailer between runs and give them $25 to change classes, full mile to half mile. Your car numbers will remain the same.
                                Last edited by pdub; December 31, 2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X