Your High School Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    big feet, big hands... I suspect that model would need a wide angle lens and bracing for the fender...
    We'll hope she aged gracefully. I tend to hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      big feet, big hands... I suspect that model would need a wide angle lens and bracing for the fender...
      Actually no, saw a pic of her and she is still lean and mean.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

My friend had a Yamaha AT1B that he let me borrow the summer I turned 16, while he was out of town for a few months. It mostly survived.

I got to drive the 61 Chevy ragtop, finally, when I took my license test on my 16th birthday. And later that summer when we got the 59 truck running, I got to drive it around. but something about the car insurance and driving every day to school wasn't happening, so I rode the bus most of the time.

There are pics of the car and truck in the link in my signature. And the wagon....67 Plymouth...and the Volvo 544.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Not allowed to have a car in HS. Was allowed to use mams 1962 impala convertible to go on dates. Had 235 inch 6 with 3-on-the-tree and overdrive. It became my car after graduation. Second year after HS I learned how NOT to swap in a junkyard 396! It was brutal...Traded it for my first 1968 Chevelle, 327/4speed.
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Actually no, saw a pic of her and she is still lean and mean.
            I wrote "We'll hope she aged gracefully. I tend to hope for the best." Sounds like she did - she WAS a good looking kid.

Comment

Most of the time it was

I did have a 74 duster to drive. but hooligans. caused parents to take the keys and back to walking. . When you have family that are part of the fire dept. and on the police force. you can't get away with much.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                Someday I will have that trunk bezel as a wall hanger.
                those are expensive bits if OEM - -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

those are expensive bits if OEM - -
                  Monk - I'd love to have that Impala ragtop -

I drove Mom's 64-1/2 Miustang after she got sick. Drove it until the front quarters were rusted and would flap in the wind. Never left the ground though -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Then finally..........this '55 Chevy came along..........I had it right after graduation.
                    I entered the military 2 weeks after I graduated so it sat for awhile.
                    It had a 348 tri power engine with 3 speed on the floor........with over drive.
                    Bucket seats from an old panel wagon.....old school.

This pic was taken when I was home on leave (July '68) and was selling it the next day.
                    Broke and needed the money for plane ticket back.

Click image for larger version Name:	scan0001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	1231160
                    those shorts are back in again
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

He never threw them away.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	streetrodder55A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1231355
                        Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I wrote "We'll hope she aged gracefully. I tend to hope for the best." Sounds like she did - she WAS a good looking kid.
                        Well Dan I still got the girl........ and the car is gone
                        We celebrate 50 years of marriage this coming June
                        Attached Files
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	streetrodder55A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1231355

Well Dan I still got the girl........ and the car is gone
                          We celebrate 50 years of marriage this coming June
                          Funny how I'm hitting 45 yrs of marriage this year, yet you seem much older... As we age the gap shortens up.
                          Thank you for your service!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Funny how I'm hitting 45 yrs of marriage this year, yet you seem much older... As we age the gap shortens up.
                            Thank you for your service!
                            We’d probably be hanging out together if we resided in same area

And...thank you
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

In Grade 11 (1978), I bought a used Yamaha RD 350 (Air Cooled), although it still had stock exhaust, there had been some porting done on the jugs, and it was pretty quick!

Like this one off Google images, I don't think we ever took a pic of mine....

Click image for larger version  Name:	MVC-001F.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	1231366

In Grade 12 (1979), while working after school at the Honda dealer doing set-ups, I ended up buying a brand spanking new Yamaha RD 400 DYATONA SPECIAL (because the price discount the Honda dealer was going to give me on a new Honda Hawk was a joke), and the Yamaha dealer, knowing I would drive it to work at the Honda shop every day after school, gave me a SMOKIN deal It was hilarious to walk outside from the shop, to find several people looking over my bike, and it was like that almost all the time!! haha

(We DID take pics of this bike, but they're all hard copy, no digital pics on hand, so again with the google images...)
                              **Not sure where pics was taken, but for the bike geeks, the Canadian models had different cyllinder heads than the US models, due to emissions BS, and were (in stock form) a wee bit quicker than the US Model.
                              These bikes were punching out of their weight class, embarrassed a few guys on bigger bikes with mine

James

Click image for larger version  Name:	yamahard400-1979-12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	316.0 KB ID:	1231367
                              Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; February 11, 2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

My Dad it perfectly clear that the '61 Ford Falcon I drove to and from school and such was NOT mine. I was just borrowing it. The car was better than nothing and got me around pretty well. The only exception to that was that every once in a while I had to get under the had and pull and shove the shift rods to make sure they all were in the same gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X