T Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Buckets

As a kid I used to put together T bucket models......Big Daddy Roth was my idle.

Would've given anything to own one...........fast forward and not very practical but still cool looking.
    Today you still see 'em at car shows....still part of the care scene.

Buddy of mine drove one from Springfield, MO back to St.Louis........not my kind of road trip

Click image for larger version

Name:	t bucket c.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1236327

Name:	t bucket a.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1236328

Name:	t bucket.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1236329
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Not really a T bucket but some creative styling

Name:	t bucket s.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1236331

Name:	t bucket aaa.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1236332
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have been wanting to build my own frame / car. I go back and forth between the t-buckets and the locost. May some day I will tackle one.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

They are great bar-hoppers or parade cars, but a long haul in weather can be tough. They do look cool though ...

I always wanted to do a '27

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	927
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	1236388

Comment

I love the skinny tire dragster front ends with the back meat as wide as possible.

Views:	661
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	1236392

Comment

Call me chicken but I just need there to be more car around me. Never been in a T-bucket but a few rides in high-boy roadsters including a blown 392 car skating across the asphalt like it was on ice with me feeling like I could fall out of it had me considering my mortality. Surely they are some-type of ultimate.

Comment

Low budget fun .. tunnel ram instead of blower.

Views:	879
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1236395

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                Call me chicken but I just need there to be more car around me. Never been in a T-bucket but a few rides in high-boy roadsters including a blown 392 car skating across the asphalt like it was on ice with me feeling like I could fall out of it had me considering my mortality. Surely they are some-type of ultimate.
                I hear ya.....all that horsepower and very little weight
                Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  As a kid I used to put together T bucket models......Big Daddy Roth was my idle.
                  I've got an original unbuilt "Outlaw" kit (still has the parts trees sealed in factory plastic bags) sitting in my eBay sell pile, if you're interested.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	148.2 KB ID:	1236399

Comment

I did finally get a ride in one about 12 years ago. A friend is an avid Bucket guy, and he set up a national meet in town here. I got a ride with one of his Tucson friends from here over to Bisbee (30 miles away), in a rather primitive bucket....more of a jalopy. It was as scary a ride as I've ever been on.

Later that year, this fellow drove to a meet in San Diego, with another of the Tucson bucket guys as passenger. And managed to crash the car, and kill the other guy, over there.

they look neat, but I don't know if I'm ready to own one, quite yet.
                    Last edited by squirrel; March 11, 2019, 07:17 AM.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

T Buckets have too much body work . . . Just sayin'

Comment

I also like a chopped soft-top with a swept back windshield, rather than the straight-up old man style.

Views:	660
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	1236408

Views:	774
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	1236407

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                          I have been wanting to build my own frame / car. I go back and forth between the t-buckets and the locost. May some day I will tackle one.
                          Combine the styles. The chassis of a Locost is vastly superior to the willowy rails of a T. But the style of the T rules. No good reason why these shouldn't be mashed-up by someone . . . . .

I've long thought that the super-loose Goodguys autocross rules could be exploited and mocked by a space-frame & partially-monocoque "T:" with massive Formula SAE-style wings (make 'em WWI-style out of doped canvas and wood spars to really gig the traditionalists) and ground effects.

(If my wife would just let me go full-time in the shop . . . . )

Comment

Paddison and Becker . . . . (What about something like this with a HAMB-approved V8 and some slightly later wheels and tires . . . .)

Comment

One look at the rear radius rods and I say noooooo. My dream T-Bucket would be on an old Logghe funny car chassis. Those things dominated the sport so thoroughly until Pat Foster welded up the M/T cars.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X