So close, Oregon Trail edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So close, Oregon Trail edition

They had travelled nearly 1000 miles of a 1100 mile journey...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

The two trade flintlock rifles were a great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      The two trade flintlock rifles were a great find.
      this kind of stuff fascinates me - guessing that the owner didn't survive because in that time (1830s-50s), you lost your rifles and gear - you likely died... thus he would have searched for it.... had he survived.

Comment

They said they were in 50-60' and it was rapids at the time. Ain't no way they were retrieving those guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          They said they were in 50-60' and it was rapids at the time. Ain't no way they were retrieving those guns.
          actually, the water level would have been quite shallow - less then 10'.... that is above the Bonneville Dam.... depending on the flows, it's max elevation is like 77' above sea level, and the slack water under the dam is 11 feet above sea level. Where they were is maybe 10 miles up the river but normally that spot is almost dry land..... which makes sense because the draft on a canoe or log raft is measured in inches.

I'm surprised they don't dive above The Dalles dam. There were rapids there and a water fall (there was a channel on the north side of the river but if you screwed up or got pushed south, you'd go over a fairly substantial water fall.

Comment

I've watched a few YouTube shows that they magnet fish and there's another one Adventures with a Purpose. Where they scuba for missing people in bodies of water .........mostly still being in vehicles . So this was interesting. My ears perked up on mentioning the Barlow toll road . I didn't know we ventured too far away from Kentucky.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              I've watched a few YouTube shows that they magnet fish and there's another one Adventures with a Purpose. Where they scuba for missing people in bodies of water .........mostly still being in vehicles . So this was interesting. My ears perked up on mentioning the Barlow toll road . I didn't know we ventured too far away from Kentucky.
              there's a new video on there....
              I've enjoyed watching that diver in Arizona that finds people's missing stuff (mostly phones) in the river and returns them to the people..... the most interesting was this girl who, even as she left, was convinced it was some kind of set up that this guy was nice to her just to be nice. Felt bad for her - late teens/early 20s and sure the entire world is out to take from her....
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 25, 2024, 11:55 PM.

Comment

And unfortunately , that my actually have been the case most her life . There her that they love her but really only wanting ( _ _ _ ) . Then dumping her shortly there after . Possible searching to be loved and to have a void filled in her live that uncaring parents left . ( Then there are those that find it more fun to look for the evil in everyone . Either way , it's a sad thing . I think a few years ago I saw one of the guys videos your talking about down there in a river in the south west . I remember a phone being found .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  And unfortunately , that my actually have been the case most her life . There her that they love her but really only wanting ( _ _ _ ) . Then dumping her shortly there after . Possible searching to be loved and to have a void filled in her live that uncaring parents left . ( Then there are those that find it more fun to look for the evil in everyone . Either way , it's a sad thing . I think a few years ago I saw one of the guys videos your talking about down there in a river in the south west . I remember a phone being found .
                  the greatest irony in that is that after she wonders what's wrong with her that he didn't try for favors. Women - you have to protect their feelings without ever letting them know you're protecting their feelings. lol

I dunno, I think the perfect fix for all of this is throwing a ball for Luigi on tile....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 26, 2024, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    I think the perfect fix for all of this is throwing a ball for Luigi on tile....
                    You mean bastard !

Comment

Working...
                    X