Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hagarty insurance...

Originally posted by arrowhead
    Do any junkies have experience with Grundy?

Unfortunately Hagerty does not cover pre 1986 'modified cars'; only coverage is for "exotic or special interest" junk. I am looking for insurance for a modified 1995 Firebird 'vert.

Much Obliged
    I have experience writing them a check but I chose to not file a claim for my recklessness on PT this year.

Comment

Unfortunately Hagerty does not cover pre 1986 'modified cars'; only coverage is for "exotic or special interest" junk. I am looking for insurance for a modified 1995 Firebird 'vert.

Much Obliged
      Tom, just up the stated value with your current insurer to what you feel is right.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Pumpkin, unfortunately that option is not offered in NJ. Must go to specialty insurer for "mutually agreed upon value"
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Much Obliged
          Gerty covers my somewhat modified 1971 Mustang. I sent them pictures as part of the agreed value and they didn't blink at the non-stock engine, or cage or wheels, brakes etc. They do not cover cars with N2O. And if you go to the track and wad it up its on you.

I had one claim when my 38 year old front strut broke while driving down the local coast highway. They came out gave me a fair price for the smashed fender repair and paint. No hassle no fuss. I still have that car with them.

I have State Farm for everything else and have for 30 years, but they really didn't want to insure the Mustang and that's fine with me.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
          X