The Blizzard of '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Blizzard of '09

News said it would be snowing this morning. At 6:30am it was -8 degrees. Now it's -10 degrees and not a cloud in sight.

Comment

Radio says they've got near a foot in Grand Rapids - here close to Ann Arbor - we've still got green grass.... but it's COLD!

Like teens in the morning cold.

Love that wood stove.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dan is sending snow my way.Bad thing is its supposed to start as freezing rain.YUK!!

Comment

At least you guys see it coming. Here, you wake up to a beautiful sunny day. You go driving and realize the early a.m. fog froze and the road has spotty black ice. Not good when you don't expect it.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I was mistaken about the snowless November record for Toronto ... the last time was in the 1830s, when they first started keeping track of that sort of thing. We had a light dusting on the ground here north of Toronto this morning, but I didn't even have to brush off the truck ... 50 feet down the road the little that was there had blown off.

cheers
            Ed N.
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

send a little bit of that snow over here to Nashville.
              I wont be able to enjoy it, as i'll be in Georgia next week, but i should get to see some in Calgary the week after.
              when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

All you "Hate Snow" guys get in line behind me. I moved 827 miles just so I'd never have to see the stuff again. We've had pretty good success with that.

Dan

Comment

Yup, here's what I woke up to today, good thing we put the Christmas lights up yesterday!

Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                    Yup, here's what I woke up to today, good thing we put the Christmas lights up yesterday!

Dang, Dan... In one post, you listed two of my my top three least favorite things: SNOW and CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

You really know how to get on a guy's bad side... :-\

I like hot weather. The hotter the better. 105 degrees and I am happy as a clam. Hell, I don't even have an air conditioner!

Fuggalotta snow.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                      News said it would be snowing this morning. At 6:30am it was -8 degrees. Now it's -10 degrees and not a cloud in sight.
                      At 1am it was -2*F here and a light dusting, I think it was just more moisture freezing out the air than snow.

The weather page says it's 7*F and feels like -11*F, and looking at the trees swaying out there I believe it, I'm staying in :-\
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        Originally posted by 67prostreet
                        At 1am it was -2*F here and a light dusting, I think it was just more moisture freezing out the air than snow.

The weather page says it's 7*F and feels like -11*F, and looking at the trees swaying out there I believe it, I'm staying in :-\
                        Oh, screw that!
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Clouds have moved in out of nowhere and it's warmed up to 18 degrees. Still nothing.

Comment

Remy-Z, trust me. This is not something you get used to. You just try to learn to tolerate it.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                              Originally posted by Bamfster

Dang, Dan... In one post, you listed two of my my top three least favorite things: SNOW and CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

You really know how to get on a guy's bad side... :-\

I like hot weather. The hotter the better. 105 degrees and I am happy as a clam. Hell, I don't even have an air conditioner!

Fuggalotta snow.

Ron
                              We all play the hand we're dealt Ron. I hate the cold too!....just wish I could talk Momma into moving to Phoenix...You in?
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Phoenix? Naw... I'll pass. Not too much good fishing in Phoneix. I was thinking maybe Sarasota...

Ron
                                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                                X