Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Your a Drunk Teen in Phoenix, Watch Out......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Your a Drunk Teen in Phoenix, Watch Out......

I'll have to dig up the article on the story, but I think it had to do with a mom and daughter(16 year old) that were fighting because the daughter ditched school and was drunk. Anyway I have a feeling this Cop might get into a little trouble because of this, seems a little excessive to me. It all starts at the 1:55 mark...... So what do you think??

cop did what he had to...she was picking up a pace as he approached.

call must have been words like "fight", "hit in face"...and no real id or age, just actions witnessed.

I doubt he gets in trouble.

remember that mexican kid who got shot across the border from u.s. security?

same age I believe... gonna get hostile, that is the way it is.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

drunks are unruly ..ever work the door tc ?

Comment

Tough love
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

he'll be on desk for a while..

Comment

Took the fight out of her ! Seemed a bit too much does every Phoenix cop wear a uniform two sizes too small ?
            sigpic

Comment

Getting drunk is SO much fun! Oh, and GLAMOUROUS! I'm not sure what's better, being out of control of your body and mind, throwing up, or sitting in jail. If she were mine, she would stay there until the courts let her out - maybe she would learn a lesson (we can hope).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                Took the fight out of her ! Seemed a bit too much does every Phoenix cop wear a uniform two sizes too small ?
                It might be a new thing...... I do have to say that this guy should not be the stereo type of the other officers here in Phoenix, the cops here are actually pretty nice and professional when you deal with them. And in most cases if your not a douche-bag they will let you go with a warning. I'm not sure what the girl said to the cop that made him slam her like that. The one thing you don't see is how it all started, it just picks up with the mother holding the kid on the ground. I'm not saying it is right for a 16 year old to be ditching school and getting drunk(but I'm sure we've all done it at that age), but is an over baring mother that actually resorts to violence(force) to subdue her daughter on the side of a busy street any better?? Seems the mother could have thought things through a little better..............
                Last edited by TC; May 7, 2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Getting drunk is SO much fun! Oh, and GLAMOUROUS! I'm not sure what's better, being out of control of your body and mind, throwing up, or sitting in jail. If she were mine, she would stay there until the courts let her out - maybe she would learn a lesson (we can hope).

Dan
                  ah the talk of a parent that thinks their offspring was or is an angel..

Comment

I think she went down so hard because she was tipsy, ( looks like her lights were out for a second or two!) but also because the officer used force that he normally would use against a 170lb male. He was up against an obviously unarmed drunk teenage girl who weighed all of 115lbs. he is expected to be a trained proffesional who would be able to recognize a situation of possible liability to the city coffers... and act accordingly... i don't think he did... I'd put him on a desk for 6 mo.'s, and if he bitches about, fire him. IMO.
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

if that girl was 115, my buick weights 2000 lbs. she's 5-6 or 5-7 at least 160, if not 170.

IMO - Don't walk away, guy did that in Seattle - now is mostly a vegetable (he got slammed into a wall and it caused major brain injury) - sad part, he wasn't the person they were after; but he refused to stop (or didn't hear them - there are some conflicting stories) still - don't run, you can get hurt.

Dumb kid - cop won't get any reprimand out of it unless he's done it before.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        drunks are unruly ..ever work the door tc ?
                        Yup....many nights.

I can't hear the audio, but holy shit balls that seemed harsh!
                        Was he telling her to stop?
                        I think his action was overboard!

4 times out of 15 I could have had her eating out of my hand in 3 minutes.
                        Id have love a shot at it anyway.
                        Last edited by A/Fuel; May 7, 2011, 09:12 PM.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by stoneshrink View Post
                          Dumb kid - cop won't get any reprimand out of it unless he's done it before.
                          these are both tru! and yeah, she might be 140... but she's still a drunk teenage girl. C'mon.. now, really? and I do agree that folks shouldn't walk away from cops and if you do well, shit like that happens... trust me - I Know -

But my point is that the cop should have seen the situation of a drunk minor and acted with a little more refinement. it just looks like an "out-of-court-settlement" from the view of that camera phone! so any settlement award would be city money collected through taxes, as most municipalities are self insured... i would be bummed to see my tax money go to that girl...!
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                            these are both tru! and yeah, she might be 140... but she's still a drunk teenage girl. C'mon.. now, really? and I do agree that folks shouldn't walk away from cops and if you do well, shit like that happens... trust me - I Know -

But my point is that the cop should have seen the situation of a drunk minor and acted with a little more refinement. it just looks like an "out-of-court-settlement" from the view of that camera phone! so any settlement award would be city money collected through taxes, as most municipalities are self insured... i would be bummed to see my tax money go to that girl...!
                            She is going to get paid
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

IMO it's even odds whether or not she'll get paid - it was a one-hit shot by the cop, plus, the video shows the kid hit her mom.... so even if the kid wins (and here's the funny part) her mom would have every right to collect and keep the money for herself. Drunk, stupid and poor.... what a great combination.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X