Ideas for overflow/washer tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for overflow/washer tanks

Looking for cool ideas for a new overflow tank, washer tank, and maybe a vaccum can to get rid of the little black Ford ball.

No real reason, just cleaning and painting the engine bay in my Ranger, eliminating a lot of the wiring.

Any ideas? Like mini beer kegs or something??
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

here is cheap one

I am hooked on the see through. there is some fancy stainless , and air bleed valved and all kinds of shapes out there however.

if you mean more towards home made...
    I am stumped as of this moment.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

check out what they did on the 48 hour camaro build, A.R.T. fab guys used one of thier shock resevoirs for a overflow, its pretty freakin trick
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

ive always like the fabricated aluminum ones myself, but maybe an old mooneyes 1 gal gas tank would work too
        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Guys used to use jack daniels bottles, but I'm not too keen on glass under the hood.

The cheapest and easiest to mount I've come up with is a piece of PVC pipe - permanently capped on the bottom, with the top slip fit and a hole drilled in it - scuff it and paint it black - it sort of disappears.
          Last edited by milner351; June 8, 2011, 05:04 AM.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

The cheapest and easiest to mount I've come up with is a piece of PVC pipe - permanently capped on the bottom, with the top slip fit and a hole drilled in it - scuff it and paint it black - it sort of disappears.
            Now that is interesting... I like it!

The ones on there are not necessarily ugly, just large and stock.
            It's also not something that I'm dying to spent a couple hundred bucks on either.
            1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
            1997 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Guys used to use jack daniels bottles, but I'm not too keen on glass under the hood.

That totally beats my homeland security one Though I did paint the one in the T-bird black and it did fade away.

(Mine is for fuel, I didn't trust PVC holding gasoline)
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 8, 2011, 10:45 AM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Tottaly agree Randal - I would NOT run fuel (or even oil) in PVC, for coolant - it worked quite well.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

We have several spun aluminum anodized beverage containers (think eco-frindly water bottles) at home. ME figured out she's allergic to 'em (evidently NOT hard annodized) but they'd make pretty cool underhood reservoirs. They're yours for the taking once one of us gets home - PM an address to <[email protected]> and I'll send them along. There's 3 or 4 of then with tops that I think could be drilled and tapped for fittings.

Dan

Comment

go to any good bike shop and get a few spun alum or s/s water bottles.. (they even sell the mounts) they come in colors or metal color.

Comment

Hey, great ideas, thanks! And thanks Dan, I'm in Canada, shipping is just foolish...
                      I bought a couple 1l water bottle, stainless, I believe.

Do you think one liter is enough for the overflow, or should I double them up? It's in my Ranger, but the engine is a stockish '92 5.0.

Here's a shot as the engine bay is stripped, and almost ready for paint:

Last edited by Teddyzee; June 15, 2011, 11:19 PM.
                      1997 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

1ltr should be enough..

Comment

Working...
                        X