Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 ZO6 Vette...WTH is it "supposed" to have for smog in Calif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why deal with it.. ebay it to a guy in a state that don't test..
    or find a shop that looks the other way when testing

Comment

LS6 was the 385 hp 5.7 in 01

Comment

z06 had the ls6. Different intake, cam and springs than an ls1. I thought the ls6 had 241 or 243 heads, not "ls6" heads.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The tune has probably been googlefied by looking at those HC numbers. I'd be surprised if adding the air pump and some cat's will completely clean it up.

I'll give you $46.50 for it, I shouldn't have any problems registering it here
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            The tune has probably been googlefied by looking at those HC numbers. I'd be surprised if adding the air pump and some cat's will completely clean it up.

I'll give you $46.50 for it, I shouldn't have any problems registering it here
            Well.......maybe I should use your address.......you owe me from saving.you from that pisses off meth head stripper in Bakersfield.
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Lmao!
              (^ stupid autocorrect)
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 11, 2011, 10:31 AM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Lmao!
                (^ stupid autocorrect)
                Fat thumbs and small keyboards are a deadly combo.

Comment

Problem solved!

"sell it" to Randal on paper - have him register and plate it in Nevada - you're just "borrowing it" semi - permanently - I don't know why that wouldn't work....

(I'm guessing you got it for a song because the previous owner couldn't get it to meet smog?)
                  Last edited by milner351; June 13, 2011, 10:43 AM.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Problem solved!

"sell it" to Randal on paper - have him register and plate it in Nevada - you're just "borrowing it" semi - permanently - I don't know why that wouldn't work....

(I'm guessing you got it for a song because the previous owner couldn't get it to meet smog?)
                    I got it for a song because he couldn't import it into Argentina.....and his container was leaving for Port of LA ....so he HAD to dump it. I traded him my blown Fiat altered ....I got the altered by trading a Big Bear Pro Street chopper(value 12K) that I built from profits by selling a chopper for a 60k profit when bikes were the hot ticket....so essentially this ZO6 was free.....LOL

Comment

report it on your taxes

Comment

NICE WORK!

Trades can sometimes win you BIG if you play your cards right. I'm trying to trade my old pontoon for some concrete work - we'll see how that pans out.

I think you should go with the register it at Randal's technique - not too far fetched that you'd have a "cottage" in Nevada - being an adjacent state....
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          report it on your taxes
                          Well...my REAL business more than pays enough taxes....I pay more personal income taxes than most people make in a year.....makes me sick...but it's my duty as an American to pay it.
                          I work hard so other people don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
                            A Cammed, bolt on (tuned?...) LS6 is undoubtedly making 500+ at the wheels. I believe it all day long! Better post a video so we can verify that....
                            Big cam...solid roller... .710 lift ....Ported and polished LS6 heads...oversized valves... Big tube stainless steel headers... Borla ATAK exhaust... VP oversized MAF sensor ..... VP cold air box with K&N filter... MSD coil packs and wires... I'll take some videos soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
                              *drools*

That thing sounds pretty nasty for N/A, hows it driving when you are trying to be discreet? Pretty big lift on that cam even by LS series standards I'd say! I'd make the windows dark and drive it... :D
                              It's not stealth at all.... the big cam gets your attention....the Borla ATAK exhaust uses no mufflers....so with no cats...and no mufflers....it's pretty intense...side windows are already tinted....it's been lowered 2.5 inches....and yes...everyone stares when you rumble through town.

Comment

know anything else about who did the heads?

Put 2 or 4 cats on it and have it dyno tuned.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                                X