A friend crashes new drag car, and then it burns to a crisp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend crashes new drag car, and then it burns to a crisp

My buddy Vinnie took his just finished car to this race this past weekend, and here is what happened.

June 25, 2011 The Black Ice 57 Chevy crash. On the Supercharged Warriors show there. Vinnie DiRose the driver was ok!

The supercharged warrior on fire after his crash at Capitol Raceway June 25, 2011 ______________6/27/11 Hey guys. I just wanted to say I will delete any name...
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

oh shit...man I hate to see that..he okay?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Man that sucks!
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Ouch- that had to hurt- physically, emotionally, mentally,and the wallet. Sorry for your friends loss. It looks like he got out on his own in the second video- hopefully he is ok.

Monday morning quarterbacking here- looks like he got back in it after losing traction. If this was one of his first passes in the car, he should have stayed out of it- watch some video and try to figure out what caused the lack of traction. Too much cahonies, not enough patience. That almost cost my ex brother in law his car too.

I hope he is able to rebuild it. Beautiful car.
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

scuse my french BUT - THAT IS THE MOST ####ING PISS POOR FIRE RESPONCE TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN !

who f'n taught them how to use a fire extinguisher, why were these guys wearing shorts, one of the fire extinguishers lasted maybe 5 seconds, looks as if it was used.

the car may have not been saved but a properly equiped and outtfitted responce team would have done a helluva lot better job

sad to see someone loose a car to some stupid stuff like that
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

After that video the other day, I truly believe that anyone who races a car with any balls at Capitol Raceway probably has a death wish from here on out.

Why?

The "safety crew" is a bunch of guys with shorts on, who have no ####ing clue what to do. Reportedly the track fire truck was either inoperable or had no water in it. INEXCUSABLE.

The car sat there and BURNED TO THE ####ING GROUND FOR 20 MINUTES before a volunteer fire crew showed up and put out whatever was left.

The guy who owns this track is an NHRA Pro Stock racer and he should be ashamed of himself, as a professional drag racer to operate a facility in this manner. Disgusting.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              scuse my french BUT - THAT IS THE MOST ####ING PISS POOR FIRE RESPONCE TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN !

who f'n taught them how to use a fire extinguisher, why were these guys wearing shorts, one of the fire extinguishers lasted maybe 5 seconds, looks as if it was used.

the car may have not been saved but a properly equiped and outtfitted responce team would have done a helluva lot better job

sad to see someone loose a car to some stupid stuff like that
              that makes me mad too.

I worked with old planes and the precision that went with simple jp8 and fire plans...

and here is the most volatile fuels short of rockets and morons with rinky dink extinguishers, no truck, fire suits, oxygen .. nothing
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

The "safety crew" is a bunch of guys with shorts on, who have no ####ing clue what to do. Reportedly the track fire truck was either inoperable or had no water in it. INEXCUSABLE.

Why in the name of god would you continue to hold an event KNOWING your response truck is out of commission. I don't care if you have a 100 morons in shorts and fire extinguishers at the ready...that's just bad business....just unsafe...the owner is going to have his cars pass tech, but not provide the proper safety precautions for the racers at his track....pathetic.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

And remember, the owner is also the owner of an NHRA Pro Stock team. Wonder what he'd do if his pro stock burned to the ground at an NHRA event?

Man, this really pisses me off.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

you can be sure he wont willingly pony up the money for this guys loss either....

Comment

this sucks.. but..
                      it's a new ride, once it was "out of the groove" why he keep "getting on it" he's not Force
                      2) why is a newly finish car got any cars running with it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      it should've been solo passes... and the owner driving should've lifted instead of try'n to pedal a car that still needs the bugs worked out of it..
                      the fire crew was a joke.. and that sucks.. but the owner crashed because he didn't lift when it was al over the track..starting at like 30 feet out
                      why it go up in flames.. the fuel line below the frame ??
                      Last edited by Stich496; June 29, 2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
                        you can be sure he wont willingly pony up the money for this guys loss either....
                        why should he.. yes the fire crew was a joke, but it's a new build with bugs to work out.. and the owner desided not to lift. when the car clearly wasn't hooking at all. and tried to be John Force and pedal it down the track..
                        also.. that fuel line musta been below the frame line to allow the wall to cut/rip it out..(guessing here, but a fuel line above and on the inside side of the frame, should've been safe..
                        anyone know what let go. to get the flame going.. ??
                        bet his new ride has onboard fire ex.

Comment

Shit happens, to bad the track wasn't prepared.........That really sucks.......

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            why should he.. yes the fire crew was a joke, but it's a new build with bugs to work out.. and the owner desided not to lift. when the car clearly wasn't hooking at all. and tried to be John Force and pedal it down the track..
                            also.. that fuel line musta been below the frame line to allow the wall to cut/rip it out..(guessing here, but a fuel line above and on the inside side of the frame, should've been safe..
                            anyone know what let go. to get the flame going.. ??
                            bet his new ride has onboard fire ex.
                            you're right, the owner had no responsibility or obligation to make sure his safety crew was prepared and available.

Comment

That's amazing, in a bad way. That any sort of a risky event (in public, no less), could be put on without trained response people in place.

That's amazing. We do much better than that where I work. And we aren't public. I'll go so far as to say that's ridiculous. Shameful, in fact.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X