Pre-emissions or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre-emissions or not?

funny you can tell they are a British colony just by looking at there cars.

On a separate note as much as I want to build a 3rd gen firebird I think I'm going to stick to pre 74 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaqu
      I'm just not seeing it.
      Good luck getting the smell out of it.

I spent a week in 2005 split between New Delhi and Mumbai. I don't mean to offend anyone but it was by far the worst experience I have ever had.
      I have never seen so much filth, poverty and lack of personal hygiene. The people I met were very nice for the most part but, there was way too much urine and feces for me.

The Taj Mahal Was magnificent, a true jewel and the craftsmanship was amazing.

Comment

The number of cats you can fit on a car is a state thing. In some states you can have as many as you like, in others you can only have the original number. The 'Stang has 2 where it used to have 4, but the Mac system has an EO number and it's never been questioned.

You really don't need an air pump to make the cats work if you are running headers. Just run an air line from the air cleaner to the collector, which is a low pressure area. It'll draw air w/o pump. But be sure to put a gulp valve in the line so you don't get reversion flow into the air cleaner. Works great and zero draw. Of course, if your state wants to see a pump, that's a different story.

On the importing stuff - I'm out of touch since retiring but I can find out. Let me phone some of my EPA buds and see what the current deal is (it changes from time to time). The Ambassador looks like a Morris Minor 4 door - is it based on that? India is weird - you can buy a NEW Royal Enfield there. My bro went to the factory and he said it was amazing that the parts even fit together. The machinery was all loose and the fixtures looked like they had worn out years ago. But somehow, they find a way to make bikes out of there.

Dan

Comment

It is built around a Morris, but an Oxford or so HM's website says. I want one of the Royal Enfields and they still paint them looking like military bikes and a friend of my Fiance' had one. In Chennai (Madras) there are 18million people and something like 3million motorcycles and scooters they go anywhere there is space on the roads so fold your side mirrors or you'll get into a fight when you clip one at a traffic signal.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
          X