What I Did At Work Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Did At Work Today

While I finish up my last few classes this summer I'm keeping my usual summer job at the golf course. Most people think we cut grass and thats about it. Today, I built some new fairway drainage in the morning, pretty typical. Then, I got the orders to haul fill to a new grass bunker behind our 13th green. Method of delivery? Our BS approved 1979 C70 dump. In all its twin axle poor excuse for a big block 366 power. Running this thing on the cart paths is damn near an autocross. Just cause I know Brian wants to see, here's the truck, and the route I ran today.
    Attached Files
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

so you could say you took a dump at work I like driving them old dump trucks kinda fun!!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

LOL! I could see some fun in that. Beats the desk I'm stuck at.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Looks like you got balloon tires on that thing!

Friend of mine (he's a bit older than me) likes to tell the story about how he showed up at DMV to take his first drivers license test in a dump truck. He'd been working driving them for his dad for a while by then.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

We're a private club with around 250 members, you would think most would understand our shennanigans by now. We can't seem to leave the ground green side up, and they can't seem to wipe the WTF look off their faces when I'm barreling at them in that old girl.
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Your day was FARRRRRR superior to mine.

That looks like fun! The truck is a looker!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Looks like a fun day. I've had some of THOSE days in my former working life and they kind of make the whole deal worthwhile.

Good For You!
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X