BangShift folks in Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift folks in Southern California

Cruising Grand. This Aug 5th Friday in Escondido, they block off a 4 lane street for just the T-buckets. We as a group will arrive Escondido at 4:00 PM and start taking our places. If anyone approaches me (gray beard and pony tail), and says they drive a stick and wants to go for a short ride in the Track-T, we will do just that. These pictures will help you find me or the Track-T. As in the past, I'll probably be the only one with a covered engine and manual transmission.

Last edited by deckofficer; July 28, 2011, 06:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Bob
    516 lb/ft @ 2800
    Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Did you get over to southeast AZ earlier this year?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Did you get over to southeast AZ earlier this year?
      That is the 1st weekend of November, and yes was there last Nov and that was my last dyno pull of 2010

This was in Tombstone, and I thought it was a cool pic to take, blown sbc, blown Ford, and blown Mopar, all lined up like ducks, just needed a long lens to compress the shot for the Mopar to get equal billing.

This is one bouncy road in Bisbee, Arizona where the 1st wave of killer bees crossed over from Mexico

Last edited by deckofficer; July 28, 2011, 05:42 PM.
      sigpic
      Bob
      516 lb/ft @ 2800
      Short shift, its fun

Comment

Those are neat pictures. Definately cool to get the three in a row and all blown.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Damn......you sure do get around.

Cool you can do that.

When I retire I'm growing a beard & ponytail and gonna
          wear goggles.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Damn......you sure do get around.

Cool you can do that.

When I retire I'm growing a beard & ponytail and gonna
            wear goggles.
            The pony tail is a constant effort for "Locks for Love", 26" = a double donation. The pic on the ferry was last week at Mountain Home, Arkansas, the BucketHead Bash, or the Sturgis for buckets.

sigpic
            Bob
            516 lb/ft @ 2800
            Short shift, its fun

Comment

My travels take through Mtn. Home couple times a year.......nice area.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Hmmmm....wonder if I talked to you? I do recall talking to a guy with a manual trans in his car, over by the Hastings/Schlotzkys parking lot.....

The dyno belongs to my friend Chris, he put on the run, I think. He also has the blown mopar powered bucket in the back of this pic

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  Hmmmm....wonder if I talked to you? I do recall talking to a guy with a manual trans in his car, over by the Hastings/Schlotzkys parking lot.....

The dyno belongs to my friend Chris, he put on the run, I think. He also has the blown mopar powered bucket in the back of this pic

Your right, we did talk, good memory. Chris, the owner of the dyno turned in the largest number with his blown Mopar. An older gentleman with a self imposed throttle linkage restriction on a $16K crate motor turned the 2nd highest number, and I pulled the 3rd, but 1st in torque.

Here he is laying down the biggest number.

Last edited by deckofficer; July 28, 2011, 09:26 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Bob
                  516 lb/ft @ 2800
                  Short shift, its fun

Comment

Loren and I are planning on seeing you there this Friday, should be fun!
                    Watch for the white '59 Impala with a serious looking guy driving and his always having too much fun and not worrying about the car passenger...

~Gail
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                      Loren and I are planning on seeing you there this Friday, should be fun!
                      Watch for the white '59 Impala with a serious looking guy driving and his always having too much fun and not worrying about the car passenger...

~Gail
                      Gail, you'll always be the "fake housekeeper" to us
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ha!
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

See you there...

Bruce
                          Attached Files
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                          X