HAMB roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMB roast

If any are interested, the HAMB "traditional rod" forum is getting a roast here.......

sigpic
    Bob
    516 lb/ft @ 2800
    Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

shut er down, too much drama!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      shut er down, too much drama!
      Sounds like you have been there.
      sigpic
      Bob
      516 lb/ft @ 2800
      Short shift, its fun

http://tbuckets.lefora.com/

Comment

+

Comment

I saw Jim post today and I think he may have been referring to this site in his comment.

I have some thoughts after reading both - Douchery is being lazy - they have a new word there now. Douchery. I think that is off topic, and not traditional. Traditionally, it would be Douche Baggery. I don't know if this will help them or not.

I'm a little confused though - there were a bunch of responses to a 700r4 question. How is that HAMB approved? Hell man, I would have thought you would get banned for asking that question. If it's not a LaSalle three speed, I think it's too "gold chain".

Nevermind. I agree with Jim's tongue in cheek comment. Shut 'er down for drama. lmao. I get amused with some of their goofiness... and a lifetime ban? Hell, man, IPCONFIG /Release , IPCONFIG /Renew. New IP. New day. If I posted from work, they'd never get the ban right - or have to block a whole class b subnet. Good luck with that - especially now that we've run out of IPV4 addresses and the ISP's are going to start using ginormously huge NAT devices to give addresses to their clients. If they ban that IP, they'll kill 10,000 potential viewers.

One of the reasons why I like it here is it's okay to bring up whatever kind of machine you want, and the crowd will probably dig it. Well, except maybe Propster's bad attitude, but I dug his ideas too.

MOPARRULES!

Whooo!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

i used to go on that site all the time. ill tell you what there is some crazy talent there, but it is outwieghed by all the "traditional" jackasses. bunch of 19 year olds that know it all. i got into that scene because i got tired of the mopar muscle car guys that all have to build there cars the same way, i got tired of going to a show and seeing all the same cars done the same way. little did i know it wasnt much different, and i like the muscle car scene better. there was a guy on there that was the biggest cry baby ever, he started some traditional drags at e-town, it was a cool event. he put a ton of work into it, the events lasted rel long for as small as it was, like 12 hrs on a saturday. show, live bands, 1/8 mile drags with a flag girl, a barn bar that he built and it would end with a drive in movie. i think he made the cutoff on cars '58. he wouldnt let cars participate if they had so much as aluminum rims, any type of billet parts, late model seats... he thought it was going to blow up big time, but there just isnt that much of a following in the northeast. i dont think it ever had more than 20 cars throughout the 12 hrs he had it open. i cant tell you how many people made suggestions to help it thrive, told him to let the street rods in, shorten the hrs per day... all kinds of stuff, he didnt want to hear it. he had this vision and it had to be exactly that. it was basically a club member event, that he let the public into. he wound up shutting it down because he couldnt get his way. like a little kid. it might have had 8 events. i showed up one day in my duster and hes sitting at the gate, i never met him but hes definitely one of those "traditional" a$$holes. i knew it was him right away. says NICE CAR BRO.
            thanks.
            WHAT YEAR IS IT.
            OH BUMMER, YOU CAN COME IN BUT YOU CANT PARTICIPATE, THE CUT OFF IS 58...
            yeah no shit. he looks at me like wtf?
            WELL HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?
            hamb.
            OH ARE YOU A MEMBER?
            yup.
            WHATS YOUR NAME?
            1931essex.
            OH, WELL COME ON IN. WHERE IS THE ESSEX?
            well my wife is 7 months pregnant, this car is safer, more reliable, more comfortable, and a lot mofe fun.
            heres a pic one day when my buddy and i went my 31 essex and his 32 plymouth, we had fun, but it was the most boring drag racing we had ever done.
            Last edited by 1931s/x; August 11, 2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

motor speedway , my son daniel and I went to the first one ...it was ok I talked to the guy ..told him it was fun and how were friendly with terry cook and going to lead east since 1985 and surf - rockabilly shows before that ..got a bit of the attitude ..like his former mini truckin generation was the true hot rodders ..lol .that kid talkled a lot of shit about the napp family who owned raceway park , guess the next big thing wasn't

Comment

Napp family = drag racing royalty.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

untold thousands spent in legal fees just to let folks go drag racing ..Vinny Napp was my hero RIP

Comment

It's funny, I only read about HAMB drama on other boards.... granted, going there is almost as exciting as watching paint dry; but still, drama? Dramamine is more like it.... of course, anyone who's actually seen cars from the 50s drag race realize the only real excitement is watching some poor sap burn his car down because he's got a leak in the fuel tank on his model T and forgot to put out his cigarette; and really hearing about Betty Lou whining about the poodle skirt on Betty Jo is just not enough excitement to enthrall this gen X'er
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 11, 2011, 09:19 PM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've been banned for life under two names there, and am posting there again under a third. I refuse to polish Ryan's ass like many of the folks there do - I figure he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like me. There are quite a few self-appointed bouncers over there, but I keep going back because of the good info and the love of old cars that shines through the murk. It's still worth it to go there - maybe someday it won't. We'll see.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

there must be something wrong with me. I think I've only had a couple posts deleted.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

there must be something wrong with me. I think I've only had a couple posts deleted.
                          What a troublemaker.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

as many posts as you have there, they are probably a little intimidated. Well, that and two 4bbls on a blower on a big block. HAHAHAHA.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The HAMB is one of my daily stops. I am able to weed through the bullshit rather easily to find the stuff I'm interested and I don't post much. They have some excellent show coverage. Internet drama is lame school yard stuff, when it presents itself I move along.
                              Time Wasters...
                              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                              X