Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of what vic edelbrock is selling!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops , those NYSP cars were PIGS , even with the quadratoilet

we used to work on mario cuomo's state police bodyguards car ...he bought his wife a fifth avenue and it was quicker than his personal cop car
    NY ended the contract early and switched to caprices

Comment

depends on options but yeah they where not the quikest cars.

my '88 civilian Diplomat SE (it was dodges fifth avenue) with the 2bbl holley was rated at 145hp and 210ft-lbs tourqe and back that with a 2.24 rear it was slow i mamanged a 21 second 1/4 out of it onces
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

What Company does not do this,Jegs is the Biggest. Food you eat goes on and on.

John is running Edelbrock like a Bussiness or it would not be around.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

My company does not do this. We don't repackage somebody elses part. If we want to sell their part, we buy the company... I think the point of the thread was one of surprise primarily. We all have to live with Caveat Emptor these days, but sometimes you don't expect it.

I think the Russian cosmonaut guy in the movie Armeggedon may have covered it:

"Russian part, American part, it doesn't matter, they are all built in Tiawaan" while he beats the shit out of the shuttle with a wrench that probably doesn't fit anything on a real shuttle.

So the company that always displays "MADE IN USA" in just about any ad you see is repackaging Korean made parts huh?

TC, Vic Sr probably didn't have that many parts he could repackage - from what I read he died in 1962. We still manufactured a lot of stuff here in 1962...

Last edited by Beagle; August 21, 2011, 06:20 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
            depends on options but yeah they where not the quikest cars.

my '88 civilian Diplomat SE (it was dodges fifth avenue) with the 2bbl holley was rated at 145hp and 210ft-lbs tourqe and back that with a 2.24 rear it was slow i mamanged a 21 second 1/4 out of it onces
            wow and i thought my 85 gran fury detective car was slow with the 318 2 brl. it went mid 19s with a trunk loaded with tools. it was still one of my favorite cars ever, the 100$ purchase only made it better.

Comment

St. Regis cop cars - wasn't that the one that was so bad they couldn't get up a hill in San Francisco with it? Probably needs the entire Edelbrock catalog thrown at it, repackaged or not.

Comment

I thought st regis trooper cars were cool

Comment

Hell yeah, you could outrun them on a Goped! We were running Novas and Impalas down here, and some of those Novas were not stock.

Comment

Wow 0 to off topic in 5, 4 3, 2...lol!

Just because they do it or have been does not make it right or make it acceptable. I find it funny that so many of you are fine with this. I wish Summit had the testicular fortitude to pull hat crap off the shelevs and tell Edelbrock they will not accept it....but that's just crazy talk, ethics...*pffft* who needs ethics
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

it was a natural progression...

Edelbrock repacking Holley pumps made in Korea (under their USA sticker)
                      Edelbrock carbs looking an awful lot like AFB's
                      Thermoquads have thermal sensitivity
                      Dodges came with some of the crappies Carter's known to mankind
                      Let's list some of the crappiest Dodges of all times
                      Beagle says something nice about a Chevy (okay, that's kinda rare) but has nothing nice to say about Vic Jr except his daughter is kinda cute. I'm not sure exactly what it is about Vic Jr that makes me dislike him. He's just another business man with a token title who's lost control of his company in exchange for coin.

sounds like a normal day at the office.
                      Last edited by Beagle; August 21, 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I think we all hope that an iconic name like "Edelbrock" will mean something in our sport. It a sad sign of the times that in order to stay alive they seem to think they have to cheapen their legacy. My guess is that this is short-sighted and will come to bite 'em in the end. To their credit they do (the last I heard) still cast their own stuff here in the US and are one of the few companies who do.

I'm sorry to hear that their QC has fallen in the dumper. My Performers on the 'Stang were spot-on on the flow bench and ready to go out of the box but they are probably 12 years old or so.

Dan

Comment

edelbrock intakes ...........that's it

Comment

I hate to say it but in my neck of the woods when growing up, Edelbrock was Crap.........Only the posers used it.......

I know Edelbrock has come a long way since then, which seems has been for the good and the bad.......

Comment

AN AFB IS A CARB YOU TOSS ON A TIRED OUT SMOGGER SMALL BLOCK -weezing lean

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                                AND TO DIE GRIND THE NUMBERS OFF THE PARTS? THE FRIGGING PART IS CHROMED AND IT HAS DIE GRINDER MARKS ALL ON THE SIDES!!! THIS HAS TO BE BORDERLINE ILLEGAL I WOULD THINK.
                                If they'd ground of the "made in korea" then it might be illegal, but there's nothing illegal about buying stuff from a competitor, removing numbers, and reselling it.

Thinking about it, I don't think I have any edelbrock parts on my rides.
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X