Cleared to Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared to Land

This is a great 59 seconds of video. Lisa from West Virginia sent it. The text of her email and the link:

Cleared to land

Owl coming right at the camera. A hypnotic piece of film.

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Thats pretty cool peewee. Like we pilots say, for good landings people applaud, for great landings people scream.
    Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Absolutely hypnotic!
      When those claws opened it was better than any scary monster movie.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Man Alive!

Birds cannot talk but the eyes on that SOB were screaming!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah, the claws and the eyes got me, ... well, the gliding approach, all of it. An expert pilot at work.

Unit researched it and found that the video was posted two years ago. But I'd sure never seen it.

Quality work. Kind of like folks overseas who have had that close of a look at an A-10 Warthog plane, well those folks are all dead. If we're a rabbit and see that owl coming, it's over.

A shame the owl got tricked, though. The camera was obviously baited. A great video though. I hope the owl got a real meal later on, and I'll bet for sure it did.
          Last edited by pdub; October 6, 2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

What a magnificent creature. We are lucky indeed to get to share a planet with such an amazing animal.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              What a magnificent creature. We are lucky indeed to get to share a planet with such an amazing animal.

Dan
              So agreed. That video, and things we'll never even get a chance to see in the wild. Well, had to share it.
              Last edited by pdub; October 6, 2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

incredible.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

How about the pop up leqading edge vortex generators? Anyone catc them popping up on the inboard leqading edge? Awesome! God make wonderous things, that we try in vain to copy...

Comment

Originally posted by storm king View Post
                    How about the pop up leqading edge vortex generators? Anyone catc them popping up on the inboard leqading edge? Awesome! God make wonderous things, that we try in vain to copy...
                    I've watched it at least 10 times just to watch the wing movements. Fascinating.
                    Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

owls amaze me because of how silent they are in flight. They're really large when their wings are out, but they make no noise at all.... even when your wife startles one and it takes off quickly
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've had a few close calls with owls and never seen them coming, except once. I was taking the trash out at 4am and my german shepard was running around with his nose on the ground lifting his leg on every tree he met. When out of no where a huge owl dipped down with his claws out like it was going to grab him. At the last second it changed it's mind and swooped back up, all in silence......kind of errie. I've felt a brush of wind before only to duck and look to see one gaining altitude. I believe their eye sight to be good but I wonder sometimes if they will bit off more than they can handle.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                          I've had a few close calls with owls and never seen them coming, except once. I was taking the trash out at 4am and my german shepard was running around with his nose on the ground lifting his leg on every tree he met. When out of no where a huge owl dipped down with his claws out like it was going to grab him. At the last second it changed it's mind and swooped back up, all in silence......kind of errie. I've felt a brush of wind before only to duck and look to see one gaining altitude. I believe their eye sight to be good but I wonder sometimes if they will bit off more than they can handle.
                          is your dog black or large portions black?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

He was (RIP) mostly tan. It was dark and kinda foggy out that morning though.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                            X