Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia or Utah?

1-21-2012

It really picks up after the 1 minute mark.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 22, 2012, 09:50 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Note to self, avoid Utah.

Comment

That's a good one. I was outside doing bodywork on the volvo today, in a T shirt, it was nice....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Looks like the body shops should hav e plenty of work!

Comment

You'd think people in Utah would know how to drive in the snow. Although, it looks really wet by how fast it's falling. The last time I was in Salt Lake it snowed but it was the nice dry fluffy stuff.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
            You'd think people in Utah would know how to drive in the snow. Although, it looks really wet by how fast it's falling. The last time I was in Salt Lake it snowed but it was the nice dry fluffy stuff.
            I was going to say the same thing, except I have never been to Utah. We have freezing rain right now, so nobody in their right mind is out driving around. Otherwise the snow looks like it does here, but a bit lighter.

Comment

I lived in SLC for a couple of winters. It snows like that in town, as soon as you hit the canyons it gets a lot fluffier. Must have had some freaky freezing conditions for the road to get like that. Yea and really bad drivers. I am not sure I would be standing on the curb with one eye on the camera in mayhem like that.

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

It's times like that I think a big plow truck would be the thing to have, I certanily wouldn't want to try and do 40 mph in my Dodge Dakota.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

It's easy to for us flatlanders to laugh at folks who can't drive on a hill, but no deeper than that snow was --- they should have figured out pretty quick that they were driving too fast for conditions. Therefore, I have no sympathy for them.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

78 Saturday night, and I was regretting taking the no A/C truck yesterday. I think that's glare ice under the snow, which is what happens down here. Snow, melt, freeze, black ice. Standing room only at the Service King the next week.

There's a hill by a mall here, I had to wait ten minutes for a 4wd truck and Jeep to back down the hill so I could go up it in my Mustang. A manual transmission and understanding a little bit about momentum seems to help. I'm sure they thought I was nuts, I laughed at the top of it. The big diesel 4x4's here fill the ditches. Sure you can accellerate, but try stopping that 7 or 8 thousand pounds in a hurry? FWAP.

I wouldn't get anywhere near these guys, but there was some fine examples of high speed parallel parking and snow plow truck plowing! I believe I would have stayed home if I lived on that street.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

As one that lives near Utah, and get only Salt Lake City news, and have driven there in rain and a bit of snow, I can definitely say that Salt Lake driver's are bad drivers in good clear weather in the middle of summer, and flat out horrible drivers in rain or snow. They seem incapable of learning how to drive in the snow.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nice post, after the drubbing Seattle gets every time it snows about its bad drivers - it's nice to know the Mormons have them beat.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          As one that lives near Utah, and get only Salt Lake City news, and have driven there in rain and a bit of snow, I can definitely say that Salt Lake driver's are bad drivers in good clear weather in the middle of summer, and flat out horrible drivers in rain or snow. They seem incapable of learning how to drive in the snow.
                          What do you expect from the "GAY" Capital of the United States..........

Comment

No where in that video did I see the ever elusive Audi Quattro.

Audi Quattro Ahab - The Audi Quattro ‘Ahab’ commercials are the latest video spots by Audi America to promote the Audi Quattro, one of the world’s to...
                            Last edited by bishir; January 23, 2012, 01:44 PM.
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                              No where in that video did I see the ever elusive Audi Quattro.

given the terrain..just as goofy an outcome as a bimmer 3 series.

it would still sound great with a 5 cyl.

I did find this one in my yt subscriptions:

Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X