had to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had to share!

Dont make this a political statement... I thought this was well done.
    NRA's 2012 Trigger the Vote campaign launches today! To kick off the campaign, the NRA Freedom Action Foundation is rolling out its first ad, "Peace and Quie...
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

here it is embedded.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Good video

Comment

*snicker*
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

haha the yelling.

I was told for several years I was way too loud just trying to talk.
          the military can do that for you.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Gotta love Gunny! Any one ever see that movie he was in, "Switchback"? Not one single Drill Instructor moment in the whole flick! Shocked the hell out of me!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Funny!

He actually was a drill instructor, but the movie role is what made him an icon. His voice sound bytes have been sampled in music.

If any hasn't seen Full Metal Jacket, or hasn't seen it in a long time, the opening scene of it can be seen on youtube... un-edited. It is NOT safe for work, so if you have a job that doesn't appreciate serious profanity, don't click the link.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by yellomalibu; February 17, 2012, 05:24 AM.

Comment

That is good. Its playing on tv here in southern ohio...
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

My Spiritual Advisor ..cause I didn't want to end up like Private Pyle

Comment

As a "not having been in the Military" guy, I have a question. This is a serious question and NOT an attempt to degrade the Military.

Why do DI (and I guess others in authority positions) yell all the time? And why do they make their subordinates yell? I really don't get that whole deal but maybe there's a reason that I don't understand. It seems like a hazing technique but I'm thinking that there must be more to it than that.

Dan

Comment

Dan, not sure if this is the correct answer, or the complete answer, but in Marine Corps boot camp, they break you down then build you back up. All the yelling is part of the "breaking you down" part. Toward the end of boot camp, there is considerably less yelling.
                      Of course, when addressing a large group of people, an individual must speak very loudly to be heard by all.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        As a "not having been in the Military" guy, I have a question. This is a serious question and NOT an attempt to degrade the Military.

Why do DI (and I guess others in authority positions) yell all the time? And why do they make their subordinates yell? I really don't get that whole deal but maybe there's a reason that I don't understand. It seems like a hazing technique but I'm thinking that there must be more to it than that.

Dan
                        I'm cringing as I type this because I know it garners debate - however, psychologically speaking, (and as a general rule) it's an unnatural act to kill another person. In order to be trained to do kill, the person's natural tendency to protect life in all situations has to be removed and replaced with a different set of rules (or put another way - an exception to the rule fundamental rule... unless of course, you want them to kill indiscriminately then you simply replace their rules.) To successfully achieve this, you sleep deprive them to reduce their resistance, you exert them to physical exhaustion, you take away luxuries, you make everyone look the same, you tell them that they are all the same and that the only way to "be special" is to do whatever you're told to do. Here's the cringe part, in short, you brainwash them.

However, the armed services is not the only folks who do this - I've seen it everywhere from Walmart meetings to CEO boot camps to religious organizations...
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 17, 2012, 02:50 PM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          I'm cringing as I type this because I know it garners debate - however, psychologically speaking, (and as a general rule) it's an unnatural act to kill another person. In order to be trained to do kill, the person's natural tendency to protect life in all situations has to be removed and replaced with a different set of rules (or put another way - an exception to the rule fundamental rule... unless of course, you want them to kill indiscriminately then you simply replace their rules.) To successfully achieve this, you sleep deprive them to reduce their resistance, you exert them to physical exhaustion, you take away luxuries, you make everyone look the same, you tell them that they are all the same and that the only way to "be special" is to do whatever you're told to do. Here's the cringe part, in short, you brainwash them.

However, the armed services is not the only folks who do this - I've seen it everywhere from Walmart meetings to CEO boot camps to religious organizations...
                          That's kind of what I was thinking and it's the main reason I worked to stay out of the military. I'm just not built that way. It would have been a disaster for both the military and for me - I'd have spent my career in the brig which does no one any good. I'm not nieve and I realize that, for better or worse, we must have a military. It's just that not everyone can do that job, just as there are people who can't work in the OR at a hospital or be the President of the US (I don't want THAT gig either!). I have great appreciation for those who serve and bless 'em for doing so.

Dan

Comment

Stress is the answer. DI/TI's yell to stress out the trainee. Not quite what one would experience on the battlefield but to get the person out of their comfort zone, to induce stress, to make them uncomfortable. I can remeber one class from basic that was about stress managment. We were all sitting at attention when the instructor came in. As soon as the door opened 5 guys came in yelling and screaming and if you so much as flinched they singled you out, they followed your eyes if you didnt react and if you so much as blinked they were on you like stink on shit. The whole point after that was how to deal with stress. It was an interesting class and an eye opener for sure. the whole idea is that if you can perform here underpressure from some mokes yelling and screaming, you can perform under pressure while in a war zone. Those that crack under the pressure there are weeded out and sent packing...they would be a liability in a forward operationg base.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Football coaches do similar stuff. Perhaps it's something primal in us, but if the coach asked the team (collectively) a question, and the answers were conversational toned "yeah" or even "yes sir" it doesn't really get the adrenaline going. Having everyone shout does something to get the adrenaline going - dare I say it also helps promote camaraderie and fellowship, making the team a stronger bonded, more cohesive unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X