Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
    depends how its done ..

yeah baby... that's my style.... quoted it just so i could see those pics agin'.....

as for teal.... bleh. yeck. ick. and puke green too. Black as about the only color that really looks good in monochrome.....imo of course.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

knowing iron, i don't like the pastels either..if it is a paying owner, they don't know iron.. I associate stupid colors with stupid people in a nice way.

I still jump at brown, or blood red, oxides..even orange shades can end up as a steel nature. To each our own. The plastic cars of today, attmepting anything manly or in opposite pastel..they all suck. monochrome has a place, that is one.

I'd post my own black and brown (I call it dondubhan) tin can, but the net scares me . favorite colors ever, and it is ugly, never looking clean even as clean...
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 22, 2012, 07:42 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

indeed - THAT car looks good all one color - and black can do things with cars other colors can't.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well to be fair, the only chrome on a 70-73 Formula was he window trim, door handles/locks, and the rear bumper, with just a little bit around the grilles. That looks FREAKIN AWESOME. Might have to do that with my HO Formula, it doesnt have a paint code so why cant that be 'correct' for it?

I still like the street machine style that the crusher is sportin these days. I have a couple sets of those Moroso valve covers and two sets if wheels like that, one Centerline, one Enkei. Then I have some Champ 500 'Lines and a cheap set of knock offs. If I want to do the cool 70s-80s thing, I can do it easy.

Comment

Tom's Firebird definitely pulls off the "all one color" look, but it was a natural. We built a blacked out tri power system for him, but he switched to the Turbos for more HP. They didnt think they could turbo the tri-power. Heres a link with more pictures: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...=25466&page=11
            BKB
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I think I just pee'd a little
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I just finished prepping my wifes 68 Cougar for paint (about 200 hours worth, no rust but 5 old paint jobs and lots of accidents). I couldnt think of anything original in the paint department so its going back to stock 68 Grecian Gold with a parchment vinyl top. I may leave off a few emblems but thats about the level of my custom mods...Some how I dont think Gold will be the "new red" any time soon...
                BKB
                Attached Files
                www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                Bruce K Bridges

Comment

gold, cougar, woman.... that's fitting on so many levels
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As long as Im hijacking, Any suggestions on wheels? We were thinking of either Cragar SS polished aluminum or Minilites with gold centers...
                    BKB
                    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I like the mini-lite idea.....

And what year is the Baja in the background? Looks like early 60's maybe?
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                        As long as Im hijacking, Any suggestions on wheels? We were thinking of either Cragar SS polished aluminum or Minilites with gold centers...
                        BKB
                        I like Minilites - period correct, nice looking, but you see them WAY less often than Cragars.

Comment

Stiney,
                          Im pretty sure its a 64. We just pulled the badly executed cage out of it and are trying to decide what to do with it motor wise... It had a turbo Corvair unit when it was a runner, but when we got it a burnt up 1200 was in its place...It was a cast off...Also thanks for the wheel decision help!
                          BKB
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                          X