Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New technology,makes a 5 cylinder2,5 liter bomb..cant wait for the LS version..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    Moving in the grand conspiracy portion of today's program . . . next . . . how "Big Oil" killed the miraculous "Fish Carburetor."

DG, please explain your theory on how emissions laws are for the protection of "Big Oil."

jump the shark.... CHECK
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
      jump the shark.... CHECK
      Oh come on, that does usually happen until the third or fouth round of a DG versus TC slugfest . . . or some pithy spidergearsman text messages

(Where is Spidey? Hibernating to prepare for the NASCAR season? Washed into the ocean by Hurricane Sandy? Standing behind Governor Christie at a smorgasbord? Moving his Snap-On "Tool Condo" box to his 39th dealership gig?)

Comment

put a boosted ecotec in the saturn.....
        The Saturn is not what I call comfortable but more power would be nice. The Saturn is a 99 so I would have to figure out how to pass inspection, does hptuners work on ecotecs? I could boost the 1.9 bet it could hold ~3psi before it puked. I am pretty sure it speed density so I would need to turn it.

I filled it up today 10.5 gal. 383.3 miles. 36.5 mpg
        Last edited by Russell; January 10, 2013, 04:37 PM.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

[QUOTE
          I filled it up today 10.5 gal. 383.3 miles. 36.5 mpg[/QUOTE]

winner winner, chicken dinner!!!
          Last edited by 1badmonkey; January 10, 2013, 05:01 PM.
          Charles

Comment

Did I say its not comfortable, and is gutless

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

jump the shark.... CHECK
              I'm pretty sure speedzter has read Freiburger's great works on this same topic, no need for me to regurgitate it here. Meanwhile, how does a US emissions-spec diesel get significantly worse economy than the same engine tuned to Euro specs? Euro spec is used in almost all countries that have emissions laws, and quite a few experts have said that those Euro specs are a heluva lot safer for the environment. Seems odd.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

yup only emission device my 97 GP has is the cat converter

even though it puts out WAY under it's max allowed for the year with out a EGR or evap it would still fail visual. heck it would technically fail as the engine is one model year older then the car (it came out of the 96 Bonneville)
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I have already high jacked this tread and don't feel like looking for the rancho/elco thread

diesel Camry truck - $4500 (Durham)

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                    yup only emission device my 97 GP has is the cat converter
                    an ECU is considered an emissions device, unless you managed to get it running wiht a carburetor? :-)
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hi All,

Don't know what you guys reckon to this. Supercharged 6.2 GM V8 Diesel with 5-speed manual box with a rearend ratio of around 2.73 or similar (can't remember the exact ratio). Completely the wrong gearing for the 1/4 but goes through the top end around 15sec flat in 3rd gear, gives 30mpg around town, 40mpg with a mix of driving and 50mpg on long distance runs if you are sensible.

If you are over ambitious trying to get off the line it produces about the same amount of smoke off of the tyres as it does out of the exhausts.

Cheers.

Russ.
                      www.ukrusshotrodforum.proboards.com

Comment

Russ, that is an awesome build!!!!! is that yours or anyone you know? I'm guessing it could run a lot faster in the quarter with the right gearing and setup.... but what a kickass look out front, nobody can complain about that especially considering what a 4BT would look like up there.

Comment

Hi dieselgeek,

Wish it was mine, i would use it all the time, affordable rodding in my book. It belongs to a friend who's name is ironicaly Rod. Rod drives it a hell of a lot and with a 20 gallon tank on board 800 - 1000 miles between fill ups is quite achievable. Last year he drove it to Finland and back racking up well over 3000 miles in 10 days.

Those pics were taken in 2010, it looks a little different now, a couple of young kids said to him a while back (2011 i think) if you drop it off one morning with
                          Last edited by UK RUSS 1960 OLDS; January 13, 2013, 05:51 PM. Reason: some of the post went missing for some reason.

Comment

try again,

Those pictures were taken in 2010, it looks a little different now, a couple of young kids said to him a while back (2011 i think) that if he dropped it off in the morning with
                            Last edited by UK RUSS 1960 OLDS; January 13, 2013, 05:52 PM. Reason: cant edit for some reason ???

Comment

Lets try again,

Those pictures were taken in 2010, it looks a little different now, a couple of young kids said to him a while back (2011 i think) that if he dropped it off in the morning with
                              Last edited by UK RUSS 1960 OLDS; January 14, 2013, 01:01 AM. Reason: I give up for now, will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X