Winter Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Projects

Man I finally got a chance to get back into my old shop to get some work done. I have been slammed with work for the past two months trying to get caught back up and boy does it feel good!

I've gotten to work on some pretty neat projects that should turn some heads for the 2013 Racing Season in their respected classes. Sooner or later I will share.....

What winter projects do my fellow Bang Shift pals have setup for themselves to keep busy over the winter months? For myself besides finishing my new shop I plan to update my 66 Impala motor and if my car gets finished at the body shop I have some rear suspension work to do.

How about you?
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

Getting a Pontiac OHC six engine running. Sending the Buick's heads out for porting and advancing the cam. Going to finally get the half digital dash in the Skylark.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The Impala has a long list that I am making longer. Turbos, fuel system, some rust repair to waterproof car, then rewire.

The Caprice may get a different set of heads, oval port open chambers. Maybe even headers. But first, get better rockers that dont break in half. Then get the AC back in and functioning. I may get the extra four speed, pedals, clutch and such sitting in storage and get to shifting.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about a kick ass injector you could make me for an a/fuel car!
        Serriously...this winter I'm going to enjoy my family, get rid of some junk i've taken as payment, look for a job so I can be home more, tinker with my camaro, make love, listen to music, and drink beer. Do some scouting adventures with my boy, teach my daughter how to cook. It's a re-set year for us. The in-laws are comming for Christmas so I've been working around the house...
        I've been re-wiring my camaro, and I might have gotten over my head....we'll see!
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

to live vicariously thru you all.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            Horse pockey!! Stop working on your abs and get busy on the Fury.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
              I'm thinking about a kick ass injector you could make me for an a/fuel car!
              Hhhhmmmmmm go on........ hehe!
              Nick Smithberg
              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                You are an inspiration to me, one of the reasons I want to stay home more.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Horse pockey!! Stop working on your abs and get busy on the Fury.
                  Meh, I am done with it. No interest in it whatsoever. Daughter wants it...She can have it. She wants to do the bodywork (taking welding) I say gor for it chika. I will get her a tank for the welder and she can go to town on it.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
                    Hhhhmmmmmm go on........ hehe!
                    If you're ready to jump into this world, I could see what I could do.....There is a guy out there that thinks pretty highly of himself.
                    He's pretty good, and you are on par....you could give him a run for his money. He makes a nice product but he's a flake. If I sent you one of his could you reproduce it? This might be my/our new winter project....
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

Winter projects? About the same as my summer projects were...!
                      Only now, over 'quite a few' years, I've finally got all of the parts scrambled together and machined to make it happen;

- Build up an oldstyle 392" Hemi;
                      - Build up a modern 5.7L propane injected EFI Hemi;
                      - Build up a 500" supercharged bigblock Mopar;
                      - Fab-up some subframe connectors in my daily Dart;
                      - Install 5.7 Hemi

This list should get me well into 2013 I guess :o)
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                        If you're ready to jump into this world, I could see what I could do.....There is a guy out there that thinks pretty highly of himself.
                        He's pretty good, and you are on par....you could give him a run for his money. He makes a nice product but he's a flake. If I sent you one of his could you reproduce it? This might be my/our new winter project....
                        Don't tempt me, this sounds WAY too fun!
                        PM Sent.
                        Nick Smithberg
                        www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Christmas time is for visiting family and...Putting my wifes 68 Cougar back together...Need to find some 15x7 Minilites or American Daisy 200s for it...
                          Attached Files
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Hopefully get the GTOs both reliable/drivable, and the LeMans too. That includes buying or building an EFI system for the 70. If I get something done, then maybe I will get Old Ugly drivable, the cage installed, and make it run right with that fuel sucking 1050. Part of me wants to say screw it, and sell all the cars I have then do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just sit here and get fat.

Comment

For the first time in many winters my ride will be tucked away in the garage.

Plan on installing valve cover breathers in next two weeks.......upholstery guy
                              wants to tighten up headliner from last Spring install.

I am looking at possibly purchasing a couple of these from Stockton wheels
                              for the rear.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X