LT1 intake mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 intake mods

Not getting any action on this on the efi board. Anyone know a business that welded up the when and puts a distributor hole in the 93 up LT1 intake. This would allow me to run it on my l98 tpi computer.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

There's a lot of info on that at thirdgen.org.

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a shot.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I was hunting around for you today. Seems like there are guys who used to do it but it doesn't seem like there is anyone out there you can hand cashola to anymore. Happy hunting!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

use a tpi intake

Comment

Shame I pitched two for scrap... would it have fit? I didn't like the 4500 rpm running out of breath characteristics anyways but still...I had two.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Warning Hack Alert! how about hack off the back of anouther intake and JB weld it to yours? End Hack alert
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Don't know if you've seen this site...
                LT1,intake,swap,thirdgen,f-body,f body,camaro,iroc,firebird,formual,trans am

There used to be more detailed pictures and templates...but the original site was lost and this is a rehosting of what a guy saved on his hard drive.

Unfortunately it seems like everyone has gotten out of the buisness of converting LT1 intakes...
                Last edited by andy30thz; January 31, 2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  I was hunting around for you today. Seems like there are guys who used to do it but it doesn't seem like there is anyone out there you can hand cashola to anymore. Happy hunting!
                  Seems everyone has moved on to the LS series. May just by a stand alone under hood harness and skip the distrbutor.And it will look cleaner. Only a couple hundred more. I still have the one out of the caprice and the computer but is seems I was supposed to keep the steering column too.A stand alone harness somehow gets me around this. But now I'm wondering about running it with coil. packs ....like a LS. Oh well I'll just put the motor in first. Got the tranny out and ready to pull the motor . If its not to cold out there. Thanks all for the leads.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Just put a megasquirt on it! Or use the whole LS ecu coils wiring. I was reading another forum where a Chevy guy is putting 03 cobra motor in a fox body and running it off an LS ecu and tuning it with hptuners. So.... Go with what you know (or can learn)
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X