Disgusting Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting Weather

There is some sort of white stuff falling from the skies in SE NC. I've cursed at it properly but it will not desist.

This is a "snow emergency". A dusting to 1". They're closing schools tomorrow. Yeah, I know it's Sunday but they are taking no chances. Bridges and overpasses are being salted as we speak (no, I'm not kidding on this one).

Should I rush out and buy bread (which we rarely eat) and bottled water? Though it may be too late - it's already snowing and the stores are probably already sold out.

Dan

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    There is some sort of white stuff falling from the skies in SE NC. I've cursed at it properly but it will not desist.

This is a "snow emergency". A dusting to 1". They're closing schools tomorrow. Yeah, I know it's Sunday but they are taking no chances. Bridges and overpasses are being salted as we speak (no, I'm not kidding on this one).

Should I rush out and buy bread (which we rarely eat) and bottled water? Though it may be too late - it's already snowing and the stores are probably already sold out.

Dan
    It's MILK and bread Dan. And by now you're too late, the store shelves have already been cleaned.

Hunker down and enjoy the music by candlelight.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dan, no amount of cursing will make it stop, even the non civilian stuff we learned in the Navy. I just hope the forecast for my move date changes as I can't even imagine trying to load Pumpkin onto a trailer in the snow, heck rain is bad enough.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

'twas nice knowing you Dan, as you failed to prepare for such an emergency; I can only presume you won't make it through this disaster.

You were such a nice guy too (for a government serf, that is)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          'twas nice knowing you Dan, as you failed to prepare for such an emergency; I can only presume you won't make it through this disaster.

You were such a nice guy too (for a government serf, that is)
          Wait SBG, Dan's much more than just a nice guy. And he's far from expendable. We can't do without him.

AND, when his roof caves in from the weight of the snow, you can represent him in the squabble with the insurance company. It's a win-win.
          Last edited by pdub; February 16, 2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

that same storm you have is coming our way.
            they dropped the blizzard watch, yet the wind forecast is still insane.

the maine air guard must be buying the budget again...

it was wet and slick earlier for my milk run. Now powdery and flying already. Storm isn't here yet and it is snowing.

another month and half of random bombs....
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You want to see our weather, just watch the NHRA Winternationals. It will make most of you sick. I was at the beach yesterday and ladies had gotten their summer lack of attire again.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

i feel for you dan. not sure what though..........................

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  You want to see our weather, just watch the NHRA Winternationals. It will make most of you sick. I was at the beach yesterday and ladies had gotten their summer lack of attire again.
                  So Scott what you're actually saying is....we get snow and cold and rain and you have movie stars and scantily clad Munchkins in bikinis, so we basically suck for not living where you do in the land of the not-to-be-believed.

I think I get it. Is that what you're actually saying?

Comment

We have two types of women here in NC - babes and Honey Boo-Boo's mom. Hardly anything in between. Still, with this Snow Emergency they're all bundled up and you can't tell the difference. Maybe that's how HBB's mom became a mom? (I know they're not from NC but the type is present and accounted for).

In these parts the news always show the bottled water and bread isles - maybe coastal North Carolinians are lactose intolerant. We rarely eat bread (both of us have dietary restrictions) nor do we consume much dairy, but ME drinks water by the hogshead. So I hope the supply holds out. A bigger disaster from my point of view would be a shortage of Diet Coke but we're good there unless Diet Coke starved neighbors discover my stash and attack en mass. I'm thinking the attack would be thwarted by the sole-deep snow, though.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      We have two types of women here in NC - babes and Honey Boo-Boo's mom.
                      Dan

HHahahaHahaHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!

That, Sir, is a legendary analysis. hahHahAHah!!!

EDIT: I'm serious - That's just about the funniest dadgum thing I've ever seen or read anywhere. Write that down somewhere. That's just plain drop-dead funny. Maybe I'll stop laughing Tuesday or Wednesday, but I doubt it.
                      Last edited by pdub; February 16, 2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I feel for ya brother. The 78 degree temps today nearly ruined my 6 hour Beach bicycle ride today. Solvang tomorrow for another bike ride. Projected 67 degree temp has me wondering if I should dare wear shorts/flip flops again.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Dan, I'm outta breath laughing. Sue Unit doesn't know who Honey Boo Boo is, so we can't share that laugh.

All she can remember about North Carolina is toothless guys in flannel shirts.

Oh well. I enjoyed the laugh, at least!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            So Scott what you're actually saying is....we get snow and cold and rain and you have movie stars and scantily clad Munchkins in bikinis, so we basically suck for not living where you do in the land of the not-to-be-believed.

I think I get it. Is that what you're actually saying?
                            We have to get something for our stupid high rent, stupid state government, and really shitty traffic. OMG, Valentines Day traffic was beyond shitty. We get warm weather and hotties who have an adversion to wearing clothes when it's hot.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              We have to get something for our stupid high rent, stupid state government, and really shitty traffic. OMG, Valentines Day traffic was beyond shitty. We get warm weather and hotties who have an adversion to wearing clothes when it's hot.

Scott you have to know that I tease because it's fun.

Meanwhile, all of us Southern Rednecks are waiting for it to warm up enough to hit some rural mailboxes with beer bottles again. As cold as it is, it's a bitch driving with the windows rolled down....
                              Last edited by pdub; February 16, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X