Genuine Quality Steeda Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Quality Steeda Parts

It doesn't happen a whole lot (and it's a good thing it doesn't happen a lot), but I'm so pissed off I'm throwing wrenches and shit. Haven't damaged anything yet in the tantrum thank goodness.

The directions talk about having to bolt the exhaust port to the back plate. That's just not so. The exhaust port is already tack welded to the back plate, no need for bolts. But they sent the bolts.

So we're talking about outdated directions. Very outdated. The parts are better, the directions are old.

And they talk about using the three spacers per each on the back plate bolts. They didn't send the spacers, no such thing in the boxes. ####ING idiots, how do you sell shit that doesn't go together? For lots of money, too??!?!??!?!?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts Don't Fit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	879737
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

OK, now I feel bad 'cause I recommeneded that company.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
      OK, now I feel bad 'cause I recommeneded that company.
      No, no no. The company should feel bad for who they are.

Comment

I can go to Home Depot and find some aluminum tubing or something and cut it to length to use for spacers. But why should I have to do that? I will, I'll fix it.

I'm sorry, I'm supposed to be the funny guy here. Pissed off is not my normal MO, I hope not at least.

Big money (to me at least) for a product that is just plain thrown together and just plain won't work as sold.....that pisses me off. I'll get over it. I'll fix it. The hell with Customer Service. I don't even want to talk with them, bound to get a runaround. I've nearly got what I need. Almost. I'll fabricate the rest.

Comment

It shouldn't be that way but I'm afraid that's pretty common with aftermarket stuff. They make it to fit a YYYY year say, Mustang, and assume it'll fit Red's year. Did they actually do a trial installation? Probably not.

BTW - THIS is why I sent you to Maximum Motorsports. They actually try their stuff and make sure it fits before they put it in a box and send it out the door. And if anything's amiss they not only want to know about it, they'll make it right and learn from the experience.

Dan

Comment

Steeda

Hmmmm
            Attached Files
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by brian lohnes View Post
              hmmmm
              grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Hmmmm
                You're a mean one, Mr. Brian. (sung to the Mr.Grinch song)
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

--- Hey, link to your GTO thread!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

After some sleep and thought I'm sure I need to apologize to the entire world.

I've got a wish-it-was-a-race car that has a non-essential part that doesn't fit right, and I got angry about that.

At the same time, there are a whole lot of folks in this world who don't have the means to get enough to eat.

I'm a mighty fortunate sumbitch and a selfish bastard at the same time.

peewee, just shut up.

Comment

I feel that it's my civic duty to inform Steeda of the defects I found in the package they sold me. I feel like I should, to maybe protect the next buyer.

If they are in any way a quality supplier, I'll bet they jump through hoops to fix it. I'll bet they don't even know. I'll bet they're so busy moving stuff out, they have no idea what they're actually selling.

If I had Brian and Chad's technology, I could record that call and post it here, good or bad. They open at 9:00. Who the heck goes to work at 9:00? I get there before 6:30.

We'll see. We'll see......

Comment

Who wants to script this call for me? I know how to be polite and "professional."

Hello, I have some issues with a product I bought from you.

It kinda goes south from there. I need a script to keep me out of jail, depending on how they talk.

Comment

it's par for the course peewee. Lots of guys tlak about building cars and get stuck at a point like this only to give up and go back to bench racing... this is the part where you either decide to overcome the obstacle or not.

Given that 2 years ago you weren't really into hotrodding, I'd say you've come quite far - impressively so! Hang in there, figure it out, then have a beer or three knowing that YOU solved the problem and no one else. Then go flog on your car enjoying the performance improvement knowing who the real Boss is
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            it's par for the course peewee. Lots of guys tlak about building cars and get stuck at a point like this only to give up and go back to bench racing... this is the part where you either decide to overcome the obstacle or not.

Given that 2 years ago you weren't really into hotrodding, I'd say you've come quite far - impressively so! Hang in there, figure it out, then have a beer or three knowing that YOU solved the problem and no one else. Then go flog on your car enjoying the performance improvement knowing who the real Boss is
                            Thanks DG, all of that is true.

I don't really understand why I'm so mad over a car part.

Yes, a bad product, and I extrapolate that into nobody gives a shit anymore and nobody does their job and nobody cares and everybody's getting paid for nothing, and.....that's just my wrong perception. When you pay for something you don't get, that's what happens, but I'm amplifying it it my brain. That's my own problem, I know it.

I've gotta tell Steeda they're selling at least one bad thing. I'll bet they don't know it. 37 minutes, they open for business. I'm calling them.

Comment

PW, just take a deep breath and explain the problem. Steeda hasnt been around this long for nothing. Like DG we all have had issues and had to go back to the vendor. Shit happens.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X