Resignation letters with barf on them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation letters with barf on them

I'm either excited beyond belief, or frustrated beyond description but either way I just separated myself from (insert large software company name) after 21 years.

I think I'm going to barf. It's not the ideal situation but it's one I can live with. I wonder if I should just barf on the resignation letter?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Nah. The poor schmuck who has to process THAT paperwork might be on the edge themselves, might cause a whole barf-chain-reaction that results in the downfall of western culture.

So what's the plan? Going to breed wolves?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      I'm either excited beyond belief, or frustrated beyond description but either way I just separated myself from (insert large software company name) after 21 years.

I think I'm going to barf. It's not the ideal situation but it's one I can live with. I wonder if I should just barf on the resignation letter?
      I would pay to see your bosses face when he gets that. I'm with Stiney, what's the plan now? any kind of mischief we can assist with?
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

A few spots here and there won't harm anyone...
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Man I love it when a plan comes together ....

When I pulled the pin, my Lt said I couldn't "do that", especially since they had a fatal that needed investigating. Told him I'd get right on it, and proceeded to HQ and put my papers in. He couldn't believe it when I told him he'd need to pick "his" car up and I was outta there ....

After 20 years w/that "company" ..... no retirement party .... no gold watch .... it was like pullin' teeth just to get all my crap out of my locker.

Like Lou Reed once said, "take a walk on the wild side", it's nice being retired.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You can always get a job as a radio dj!
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

My old boss ..known as ADOLF HITLER ..wouldn't give me my last check ...without a letter of resignation ..my new boss helped me write a scathing letter of resignation ...with the final sentence of "KEEPING THIS MATTER OPEN FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE LEGAL ACTION "
              Hitler went nuts , but I got my check

Comment

That's an intimidating step - but you have to stretch to grow - and it's not worth the rest of your life to stay in a job that's sucking the life out of you.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I am on the verge of being free from the shackles that bind me. Wife wants me to extend my sentance. I say bite my fat, hairy, white ass. Life outside the fence is but a distant memory, I dont know how to survive in the outside but I damn sure am excited to try. My sentence is up August 24 2014 and I will be free to explore the wide wonderful world. I will be free to make decisions for myself. I will be free to whatever I want whenever I want as long as I abide by state and fedeal laws. The steady paycheck will be missed, the certainty of job security will be missed. The people will be missed, but the rest of the beuracracy go go suck eggs.

It's scarry, really scarry to think that the life I have known for close to 20 years will be over and I will have to start fresh elsewhere, but it is also exciting....Good luck Beagle, no one ever did great things stuck inside their comfort zone.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I made the cut after nine years. I was handed a choice of:

1. Become a paperwork bitch and expect to get shit details, or
                    2. Get out, get free college, and live somewhere that doesn't have suicide-inducing weather.

Easy choice, and while there's plenty of the old job I miss, I do not, for one second, regret the change.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

puke on a resignation letter, kinky

as for withholding paychecks, I love writing that letter to the employer... contains this verbage - Pay within 24 hours of receiving this letter or we will seek double damages, attorney's fees, and court costs pursuant to RCW 49.48

In an uncountable number of letters that I've written, so far, court once.... where we got double damages, attorney's fees, court costs - and the judge was so mad - exemplary damages.... if you ever wonder how 1,000 becomes 30,000 - there is one way.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 11, 2013, 07:26 AM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Exemplary damages.....wow, someone picked the wrong day to interupt the judges prior commitments.

Good on him (the judge) though, more than one way to discourage frivilous lawsuits from making their way to court.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Bummer, Dude. Hope you get a new gig fast.

As for the "barf" question . . . I say one should always leave like a professional. You never know when your path will cross with someone you used to work with.

(And revenge . . . if that's something you believe in and think is necessary . . . is a dish best served cold . . . and anonymously)

Comment

Don't worry, as long as your a self motivator you'll be fine..... I've worked for myself ever since I was 19, I realized then if you want to make the big bucks you got to be the guy in charge, not the peon working for peanuts....... I now run 3 businesses and am doing way better than I have in the past, it takes dedication and a lot of hard work and long hours, but in the end, being able to be there for my kids and help with their upbringing has been all the reward in the world..... Well that and being able to run my own schedule and only having to answer to myself are big pluses to......... Good Luck on whichever path comes your way.......
                            Last edited by TC; April 11, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Good on ya Beags and good luck!
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X