X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Stratos, though my soft spot is for the Stradale 037:

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      senior Squirrel has a nice one that has had most of the hard work already done...
      unfortunately it's a 61, and not a Biscayne....it's the Belair Sport Coupe, which is a step up, so not quite the same vibe.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Biscayne, Oh Biscayne

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
        this is what I want today, a mid-late 60s biscayne

I've had one (a '64) since 1975 . . . Dad named it "Jump-n-Jerk" back in 1969 when the OEM clutch was going out. We later shortened its sobriquet to "Jumpy."

Jumpy's not anyways close to pristine (it's got the sort of "patina" that some pay thousands to fake) . . .

Can't get rid of Jumpy because of the history. (Many have offered to buy it) . . . Can't build Jumpy because I'm on the Ford team now . . . So Jumpy's tucked away out of the weather in the shop . . . waiting . . .

Maybe I'll get around to turbocharging and swapping in that SOHC Pontiac Sprint mill I bought for it nearly a decade ago . . . that would respect its GM roots without much helping the Chevy team with another pointless, been-done-ad nauseam LESS or SBC build. Or maybe the repop 409 stuff will get irresistibly cheap someday . . . .

I wonder if the World's ready for a Coyote-powered Biscayne . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          I wonder if the World's ready for a Coyote-powered Biscayne . . . .
          I say do it ... according to the latest issue of HR, it should only set you back 20 large if you do it yourself.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
            I say do it ... according to the latest issue of HR, it should only set you back 20 large if you do it yourself.
            I'm not a cross-breeder . . .

But if I were, I'd probably try to start with an F-Series Coyote (fortified for some heavy turbocharging) and I'd make my own wiring harness and MS box. Only the TiVCT seems to be an issue among the early adopters. No cheap solutions for that, other than lock out . . . yet.

The Coyote swap will inevitably come way down in price as more used parts and knowledge become available. After all, it just an engine . . . it only takes fuel, air, and spark to run, just like any other mill . . . not something exotic or unobtainable.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

My goodness, they RUINED Elwood Engel's brilliant design with all that comic book crap . . . .

(I did once consider buying a clean Engel Imperial and subtly hopping up the mighty 413 with a cross-ram intake, a couple of N20 plates, a stroker arm, and some other tasty bits . . . . )

Comment

Charles

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    ...but you'll settle for this 62?
                    I want a late 80's Buick. LOL

STUGOTS

Comment

Just go ahead and put me in a 2014 Shelby GT500... I wouldn't mind having a new daily driver with 662 hp and 631 ft lbs of tq that I can cruise around all day with the a/c blastin' and not having to worry about it breaking down...
                      87 Mustang GT with bolt on's. Follow my build here:
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...d-Budget-Build

Comment

I have wanted one of these since I first saw one when I was little.

More affordable but still quite out of reach for me.

What I am looking at buying to replace my last import. If I can find what I want at a decent price

Comment

I just want the Hemi finished for the 67.............16 months is too long!

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                            What is that? Aero Caprice with g-body doors? I like it but I can't figure out what it is!
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              What is that? Aero Caprice with g-body doors? I like it but I can't figure out what it is!
                              77-9 Caprice/Impala 2dr Aero-Coupe..

Comment

Neat! Never knew they made Caprice Aeros.....learn something every day!
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X