The Mustang is ALIVE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mustang is ALIVE!!

Not sure why this isn't embedded...I'll check when I get to a computer.
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

4.11 gears: burnouts are awesome. 55mph @3000rpm, not so good. Barking 2nd: AWESOME.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Twin tire fryer. getting ready for a v-8?
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think its already a tiny v8
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

It already has the 4.2 (255ci). It's just a de-bored 302 with bad heads.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'm currently accepting suggestions on how to increase the MPH without making it feel like its gonna go boom.
            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Taller tires...

Comment

tires could be gotten away with. Be careful with tall gears or big air (high hp), the two extremes.

those chassis spanning 70s to early 90s.. need to respect a lot, or be a good welder. Not to get uptight over, that is millions of cars beyond mustangs.

I actually like the mustang v8, they had to concentrate on a lot of cooling, and be economical. A lot of little chassis out there make a home for them.

work in a tubular k-member slap in the ford engine.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 13, 2013, 08:49 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                  I'm currently accepting suggestions on how to increase the MPH without making it feel like its gonna go boom.
                  AOD.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hands down an overdrive. I have short tires and 3.89 gears and cruise right at 2,500rpm at 80mph.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

What Trans is in the car now?
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking that your car is old enough not to have over-drive. Get one.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

A 3 speed automatic...C4 I think Bryan said.

Comment

aod and the 302 in front of it from a late model fox... you can't put decent heads/cam on a 255, bore is so small the valves won't fit. It will feel like a completely different car. LSC Lincolns make good parts cars.
                            Last edited by Beagle; July 14, 2013, 06:17 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If you two want fast you have the chrysler 300 and the chevy truck. Nothing wrong with the little 255 for driving around with the top down. Did I really say that out loud? Really though it's good advice, non that I could follow but , still good advice.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X