Life, love and Gary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life, love and Gary

For those wondering why I was overly excited to see Gail's humor intact and on her way to healing
    I lost my best buddy, Gary, a week ago to lung cancer.
    His daughter gives birth to his 2nd grandson 2days and 7 hours after he passed.
    I was best man at his wedding in June..
    Gary was a very good friend to me. He figured out how to teach me to diagnose stuff and get stuff done
    He had all kinds of hot rods, 69 Cutlass with a BBO built and a full sized Jeep pickup..with a variety of motors, 2.5 ton axles and divorced transfer .
    He was 5 years younger..at 54..

RIP, good buddy! He will be missed

So, love with all your heart,
    Live life as if it's your last day
    Tell someone you love them.. You never know!

Comment

That's a hard one DB. My thoughts are with you and his family. And yeah, Gail's humor intact after an episode like that is and should be should be an inspiration to us all. And it is, over here at least. For sure.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My condolences DB.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Same here Bob......my condolences and prayers for comfort to you and yours.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thoughts and prayers from all here...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sorry DB, you have my condolences
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hang in there Bob... rough deal.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Loosing friends is very hard, I'm sure you'll honor his memory in both thought and deed. RIP Gary.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

We lost my best buddy Jim a few years ago. Think of him often and worry about his widow and sister. They stay in your heart and I hope I have folks who will say the same about me when it's my time.

Dan

Comment

RIP on the highways above Gary - watch over DB for us please.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Terrible ,too young to go like that. My condolences. Two guys in my neighborhood died with in a week from each other both under 50. Hard to believe and when you think your day is shit or some stupid thing happens you gotta step back and look at all the good in your life.

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words.

When we met, he was the typical macho guy who just made babies.. Hs baby girl got to regconize me.. I say to him, "If you will not be daddy, who will." showed him how to hold the baby.. I knew he learned well when ALL the kids went up to him and hugged him while we were setting up for his wedding.. And he and his oldest grandkid were loading the cooler with beer and ice.. Working together as a team..

Comment

Working...
                          X