Another One Bites the Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites the Dust

A week on duty, and overworked at that. On a Monday evening, beer is good. Life is grand. And during the week...

You regular guys here will recall a thread quite a ways back about Superman's son who totaled the Gen 3 Trans Am on the mountain road near here, and the lucky kid and his passenger weren't killed. Trees beside the road are a formidable obstacle.

So Superman put him in a Buick Electra or some kind of land barge to get back and forth to school and work, rather than take him everywhere he needed to go.

The kid tried autocross in his mom's Mini, turned some good times, and he wanted a ride to do cones with. He saved up his Bojangles money and bought this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miata.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	881003

$1700. The battery was wandering around in the trunk, an explosion waiting to happen. Superman fixed that. And the wheel bearings and lots of things.

So, Kid goes off to the mountain road again in the Miata, with Superman's GoPro camera mounted on the hood, ready for some fun.

100 yards from where the kid totaled the Trans Am, the timing belt on the Miata breaks. Call a rollback. Again. Superman thinks the motor's ruined, hasn't looked at it, thinks a valve may have mashed a piston after the timing belt broke.

So we're all standing there outside the house in the dark two nights ago, rollback, flashing yellow lights all over the neighborhood, and Superman says, "I told him when he got that piece of shit he'd better have his checkbook ready."

WHOA. Superman doesn't cuss. Never heard him cuss before.

Maybe the kid should just stay off of that road. But I'm not superstitious or anything....
    Last edited by pdub; February 24, 2014, 03:08 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Lot's of Miatas have found a small block under the hood....
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

A small block Ford is a very nice fit in those. They're a little smaller than a SBC.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        A small block Ford is a very nice fit in those. They're a little smaller than a SBC.

Dan
        And slower

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
          I'll forward these messages along to Superman. He'll likely kill himself in the head with a big wrench, trying to keep that kid on wheels.

Comment

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Hey if the belt broke that's really not the kids fault. I mean yeah he should have had a plan to change it soon but, you'd expect to have some time for the check book to recuperate a little before doing it. While I'd SBC it the Ford you could set back further if that is needed.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

He damn sure doesn't know how to park.
                It's against the law to block the sidewalk down there, ain't it?
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  He damn sure doesn't know how to park.
                  It's against the law to block the sidewalk down there, ain't it?
                  HHAHAahHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's kinda like......HHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! It's hard to miss hitting that thing in the morning when I'm going to work in Bubba the Truck in the dark......but it'll be there for a long long time.

There it is. It sure is. HHAhhAHAHHH!!!!

Comment

I was thinking, that must be a pretty narrow sidewalk if a Miata won't fit on it without hanging off the edge.

Yeah, kids shouldn't leave their toys out there anyhow, broken or not.

Comment

That looks like where I parked Earl for the party last June.........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        That looks like where I parked Earl for the party last June.........
                        Is/was. 'Cept Earl was a couple truck lengths farther down the hill.

Hmm...wonder what would happen if some ghost should happen to go out there and knock that skateboard out of gear......

Comment

Working...
                        X