Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pic of the day.

Originally posted by A/Fuel

You'd think with all those machines some kinda race would have to break out.
    Its been known to happen. 8) Money has even changed hands. ;D

There is a unofficial "dragstrip" on the dunes. People will line up, sometimes 8 wide, and run 'em off. Seems someone on the sidelines will hold their flag down, and when it pops up, everyone takes off? Strange, you'd think they were watching it....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Comment

Ian Flemings' dream come true!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Very cool on the dune story/pictures! It sure looks a lot smaller in the aerial shots
          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel

You'd think with all those machines some kinda race would have to break out.
            alot of my goals for an automobile are like what these machines have fun in.

so cal has alot of places and miles

I ponder playing in warm sand rather than mud and/or salty snow. like a test bed in the summer for the pile of crap that comes through here for 7 to 8 months at a time..at any time.

my ideas for boxer and awd came from sand dune type buggies.. they float magically.

would love to see highgrade photo of this one. m1009, 6.2 diesel, 8 inch lift, rollbar, 38 inch tread... and 25-30mpg.

gear calc: at 3000 rpm with the 38 inch tires == 82 mph. that is very low geared.. begging for the big tread.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Comment

This 56 Chevy turned up for slae today in stockholm..around 4500$,and its yours.

Comment

NEATOOO!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My fater-in-law's '64 C-20. 283 2 barrel, 3 on-the-tree, manual brakes and steering, and what little paint thats on it is original. He's owned it since 1966 and he's finally going to get it running after 8 years. When I said "what ever you do, DON'T paint it!" he just looked at me kind of strange. ;D

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

That Dodge has been around since at least 1974. I remember seeing it drive by one day when I lived in NYC.
                        Is it still on the road? It looks like it has current NJ plates.

Nick

Comment

see it at LEAD EAST and dead man's curve car club events

Comment

I think so. It drove into Lead East a couple years ago and was back this year.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
                              Originally posted by groucho
                              Originally posted by STINEY
                              Holy invasive sand dunes, Batman!

I'd love to know more about those dunes in the middle of not dunes
                              Groucho, this is Silver Lake, Michigan. Actually the town is little more than a pit stop, the actual zip code is a nearby blink-n-you'll miss it place called Mears.
                              These are the only sand dunes open to vehicular traffic in the midwest. Unless you consider Idaho the midwest.... ?

This is where our cabin will be. I'm the taller older one in the red shorts, the 2 twerps are my spawn, and Jim is a friend.

Other end of our property.

We sometimes take this one. Its more of a family oriented ride.

Try this link to the SilverLakeForum.com photo gallery. Lots of cool stuff.
                              http://www.silverlakeforum.com/index...gallery;cat=13

Great stuff. A cool piece of property too. How did the sand dunes form?

Oh yeah, that old school Manx type buggy is one of my dream cars.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, that old school Manx type buggy is one of my dream cars.
                                Mine too...
                                Sorry I didn't make it out there this year, do you still have that RM250?
                                Originally posted by TC
                                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                                X