Spellchecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spellchecker

It's really odd that Firefox's spellchecker flags Chevelle, Camaro, and a bunch of other car names and terms, but when I typed 'snotcicle'; it doesn't get flagged. Then it dawned on me. That software was written by a bunch of pasty pale computer types that probably have never ridden in a 69 Camaro, much less know how it's spelled. The proof is that it tries to tell me that it's supposed be Camry.

It's just something that had to be said as I am tired and need to vent.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Spellchecker

Good observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      That software was written by a bunch of pasty pale computer types that probably have never ridden in a 69 Camaro, much less know how it's spelled. The proof is that it tries to tell me that it's supposed be Camry.
      Ahhhh! The light! It burns!! ;D

Comment

Then it dawned on me. That software was written by a bunch of pasty pale computer types that probably have never ridden in a 69 Camaro, much less know how it's spelled.
        Here ya go!

Pick one and give him hell :D
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Can you use 'snotcicle' in a sentence ?

Comment

ahhh No

I own Samsonite

Comment

I just hit "add to dictionary" and then it doesn't flag it.

Comment

Then it dawned on me. That software was written by a bunch of pasty pale computer types that probably have never ridden in a 69 Camaro, much less know how it's spelled. The proof is that it tries to tell me that it's supposed be Camry.

I think I'm one of those pasty pale computer types ;D
                In reality the application was likely created in another country where they wouldn't know a Camaro if it ran over their foot.
                Interestingly, there are a bunch of car guys in the IT group where I work.
                I also find that muscle car designations are good system passwords and easy to remember. For example, a few years back I used 'gt500e' as a system password.

Comment

It doesn't know "Buick" either. I have a red dotted line on my screen right now.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                    Then it dawned on me. That software was written by a bunch of pasty pale computer types that probably have never ridden in a 69 Camaro, much less know how it's spelled. The proof is that it tries to tell me that it's supposed be Camry.

I think I'm one of those pasty pale computer types ;D
                    In reality the application was likely created in another country where they wouldn't know a Camaro if it ran over their foot.
                    Interestingly, there are a bunch of car guys in the IT group where I work.
                    I also find that muscle car designations are good system passwords and easy to remember. For example, a few years back I used 'gt500e' as a system password.
                    If the country has cars, there is a group hot rodding them... and while they may not know a Camaro, they know Buicks, Monaros, Pontiacs, Hummers and Corvettes.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

yep, pasty fat computer guy here and most of the best I/T guys that work for me, are either Gearheads or artists/musicians.

Just add the words to your dictionary, like TC said; but then you'll have to vent in some other way when you have another one of those "sure the weather is nice here, but the rent is how much?" moments
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah......they still think 'harass' is two words

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Ranch
                          Sure. I went snowmobiling with an open face helmet and got a nice pair of snotcicles hanging there like a frozen mustache. Mmmmmm. Salty tasting!!

You asked.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Ranch
                            Sure. I went snowmobiling with an open face helmet and got a nice pair of snotcicles hanging there like a frozen mustache. Mmmmmm. Salty tasting!!
                            You asked.

Comment

Working...
                            X