No announcement yet.

1996 Town Car Hot Rod Lincoln..... or Wonder beater MKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very similar to the Lincoln I roll in. The only option you have that I don't is the heated seats. The TC never had front airbags, only the rear. Mark VIII is the only one of this vintage that would have bags at all 4 corners. Crown Vic HPP wheels look good on this platform. Can get them from MY 94-02.They are 16x7. Mark VII center caps fit in them nicely.

Looks like the cruise control recall has been performed as well. Mirrors are easy to get.

Door panel is held in by 3 screws in addition to the fir trees. One is behind the opening armrest, the other 2 are on the doorstrap.
    Last edited by Admirall2; March 16, 2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Interesting it has air llines going to the front just like the mkviii so assumed it had them at one point. Cruise recall was something I was not even paying atenrion on lol figured if it needed it I was just going to solder in a fuse holder in the wiring
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

A friend of mine has a 2000 something Town Car. It's a really clean car that runs very well. He gets over 20 MPG on a regular basis. He pid $1500 at a local used car dealer with 160,000 on the clock.Good luck with it. I saw an article years ago on the 4.6 non PI motors.They say there's a lot to gain power wise by smoothing out some sharp corners on the intake runners by the plenum.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

not sure what i am going to do engine wise the one in the car has 234,000 and burns some oil. a 460 fits in the engine bay as it;s the same width as a 4.6 just 3 inches longer. a LS series also can bolt into the 4.6 engine mounts so that's an idea as well.

a 4v 4.6 will not work do tot he 90-02 suspension the exhaust ports hit the upper control arm
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

What about a 3 valve 4.6?
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

it might fit i know nothing about them though except very basics from when i worked at the ford dealer and locking out the cam phasers on some fleet trucks from the local oil fields

Comment

figured out rims to use on the car crager soft 8s or similar style in 17x8 front and 17x9 rear do to clearance in the front 17x9 would rub the frame

also ordered 12" dual piston brakes from a 98-02 to replace the 11" single piston it has now. and sense it works going to keep the air springs for now

Comment

as bad as my back is getting ... I'm starting to really appreciate a smooth ride. Nice score!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

it floats but not boaty really weird how to describe it. seats are lay-z-boy levels of comfort

Comment

what's your goal with this car? pimpin? loan shark collecting? mortuary services (you slash em, we stash em)? taking over the limo business since Scott has moved onto motors?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mater - Gotta let you know that I LOVE big old boats. But due to years of conditioning by my EPA coworkers whenever I hear or see "Town Car" my feeble little brain switches it to "Clown Car" and I can't help but see 5,000 clowns pouring out of it. Not to say I wouldn't dig having one!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Mater - Gotta let you know that I LOVE big old boats. But due to years of conditioning by my EPA coworkers whenever I hear or see "Town Car" my feeble little brain switches it to "Clown Car" and I can't help but see 5,000 clowns pouring out of it. Not to say I wouldn't dig having one!

Dan
                          you want clowns? you mean more than you already know on here?

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here is a list of parts required for this upgrade. These are factory part numbers for the front brakes only. Prices shown are the "list prices"
                            1. N801052*S100 BOLT M10X1, 5X24.9 HEX FLG HD ( "Banjo Bolt" )
                            2. F8VZ*2C396*BA BRACKET ASSEMBLY, FRONT CALIPER MOUNTING
                            3. F8VZ*2B121*AA HOUSING ASSEMBLY, FRONT BRAKE CALIPER LEFT
                            4. F8VZ*2B120*AA HOUSING ASSEMBLY, FRONT BRAKE CALIPER RIGHT
                            5. YW7Z*2001*AA KIT, BRAKE SHOE AND LINING FRONT (PADS)
                            6. F8AZ*1104*AA HUB & BEARING ASSEMBLY, FRONT BRAKE ANTI-LOCK
                            7. F8AZ*2078*AA HOSE ASSEMBLY, FRONT WHEEL BRAKE LEFT HAND
                            8. F8AZ*2078*AB HOSE ASSEMBLY, FRONT WHEEL BRAKE RIGHT HAND
                            9. F8VZ*1125*AA DISC, FRONT WHEEL BRAKE (ROTORS)
                            10. EOAZ*2149*B WASHER 3/8X.64X.09 FLAT BRASS

Comment

You may want to take a look at adtr.net as well. Anyone who has a crown vic named rocket couch is ok in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                                not sure what i am going to do engine wise the one in the car has 234,000 and burns some oil. a 460 fits in the engine bay as it;s the same width as a 4.6 just 3 inches longer. a LS series also can bolt into the 4.6 engine mounts so that's an idea as well.

a 4v 4.6 will not work do tot he 90-02 suspension the exhaust ports hit the upper control arm

I seem to remember a post years ago from Scott in his limo days saying something about 4.6's smoking. I think he said you have to jump on them once and a while to unstick the rings. I think he said something to the effect when they were driven very easily they would start to smoke. 234K is a lot of miles but I hear those motors will go more.
                                Tom
                                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X