No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made fun of how many yellow Corvettes were there, but there were a few generic Mustangs, too... Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000724.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1135705
    Last edited by pdub; December 10, 2016, 08:37 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      meh, I hate yellow cars and the people who drive them... so it's all good. Today I got to see Seattlites on ice. It was entertaining as well.
      Wife was telling me KOMO was saying it was a disaster up there.
      USUALLY you get this bad stuff before we do.. This was weird as it came from the SOUTH!
      Next tues and on oughta be interesting!

Comment

• Okay, here's the video. Yellow Corvette Guy is right there behind me saying, "I want to eat me up some old slow worn out Mustang. Right NOW."

Okay, go ahead, I said (pass signal). Watch the passenger side mirror. There he is at 1:46. Keep watching the passenger side mirror, at 1:54 he goes somewhere the track doesn't go. I still thought he was there, I was waiting for him to blow Red's doors off but he had left the scene altogether..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What a super-fun outing. I think that was a once in a lifetime thing, being able to drive on that track. That was just absolutely too much fun, it sure was. And a great road trip there and back, too.

Comment

• You let another Mustang pass you ?
          Must have had a Blower !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
            You let another Mustang pass you ?
            Must have had a Blower !
            yah yah yah,,,,,Don't worry Steve, it's starting. Today. Tonight. Film at eleven in a few weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000732.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1135812

Comment

• When you going back to Daytona?
              Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 11, 2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• just watched the video, I like your pace setting.. seems it could use another gear.

it is funny once you get the power.
                you got fat guys preaching heel and toe in a tin can,
                meanwhile in another universe, you could pause for a sip of coffee while shifting into another gear and still blow by them with a big enough motor.

you know what I said the other day?
                "if I have to shift into fifth gear at 121mph one more time.."

I was actually getting mad at assumptions over my truck.
                9 times out of ten..
                95-105 most traffic gets left behind.

the v8 or even bigger, kills off the stupor.
                great vid.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Okay, what's the trick method to getting this kind of hose connection loose?

Name:	P1000739.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1136257

I've already broken off this little piece of plastic trying to figure it out, but it's still got a death grip going on...

Name:	P1000740.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	1136258

And this thing is behind the intake manifold. Nope, I can't get that off of there. Not in two nights of trying....

Name:	P1000741.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1136259

I've got two different Mustang manuals, I've done Googles, I'm stuck. I can't even get the thing taken apart.

But I knew that, three days per hour.

Comment

• The hose connections: Run down to the local parts store and tell them you need a set of gizmos to disconnect Ford hoses - they come in a set of different sizes. They're sort of "C" shaped and are open in the "C" so you can slide them over the hose fitting. You install it so that the smallest diameter slips under the "bell" area and push it in as far as it goes then pull on the hose. It'll be sort of sticky but will pull right off. There's another kind of tool that sort of looks like a pair of pliers with a half cup on either end - that works too. What it has to do is push a spring out of the way to release the hose. These are VERY quick on the assembly line and seem to work well (no leaks, etc.).

On the wire connector: Push down FIRMLY on that tab that sticks up just behind the plastic cross piece that you can see at the end of the "slot" on the top center of your pic. These CAN be stuck and you might have to work one of those tiny little screwdrivers in there somewhere but if you use all your manly strength it ought to pull apart. Those connectors are designed to be water tight so they DO fit snugly and so are hard to pull apart.

Rock on, Dude - you're after it!

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; December 14, 2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Dan! Cameron just now stopped by and rescued me. Now, back to work I go, that intake manifold is coming off of there.

Comment

• More than welcome. Glad Cameron was available to get you past this hump - there will be more! You're putting tools in your tool box here. At the end of this project you'll know all sorts of stuff you didn't know before and what seems impossible now will seem routine then.

Dan

Comment

• progress is not without trial and error... you are learning, and, THAT'S what COUNTS! Life is not about the destination, but the journey!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Destruction completed. CONstruction to begin immediately.

Name:	P1000742.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1136626

Comment

• From apprentice to journeyman! You are doing great, and soon I can serenade you with "Master Mechanic", if only I could carry a tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                                Destruction completed. CONstruction to begin immediately.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1136626[/ATTACH]
                                Like the hood prop

Comment

Working...
                                X