Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post

Like the hood prop
    That is a custom accessory from FRPP. While some of would use a stick or old broom handle or some such, PW goes first cabin. I had heard of these but never seen one in person.

And GREAT that you have made Red temporarily (?) inop. Soon the sound of power will shake windows all the way here in coastal NC. Or will that be an explosion?

Dan

Comment

• VROOOOM VROOOM or BOOOM

Comment

• Video please...when it makes appropriate noises...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• There's been a very slight setback in the timeline.

SM and I conspired to spend quite a chunk of time and we expended lots of physical effort to ruin one of the factory parts underneath the intake manifold. There's a replacement on the way, later this week.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Those things CAN happen. Bet you both learned something.

Dan

Comment

• research and development...research=time...developments=money.. .education=priceless
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                research and development...research=time...developments=money.. .education=priceless
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Peewee your my hero!!
                  ( no kidding )
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Those things CAN happen. Bet you both learned something.

Dan
                    I think so, but I'm not sure what. Those directions...Superman and Cameron can get more out of them in a hurry than I can from studying them for hours ahead of time, they've seen stuff like this lots of times before. SM was standing there holding the directions and we were making progress, it seemed like FAST rather than me struggling alone. "Undo THAT. And that, and that, and pull that out of of the way." Bolts were flying off the car.

The coolant crossover assembly. Take that off and remove one of the pipes from it. Heat it, twist and tug on it in a vice, heat it some more, tug and twist and grunt and pry-bar it some more. We got the danged thing outta there. But the plug (blank) that was to go back into that hole wasn't the right size, way too small, not even close.

It became obvious then, holding the directions under a bright light and studying that dark fuzzy black and white photo of that assembly in a vice, we had gone to great effort to remove the wrong pipe from the assembly. 50% chance of success. There are two pipes, different sizes entirely. And the pipe we needed to keep installed and hook up to now looked like a wad of chewing gum.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        EBAY. SM found one for $20. Team R US. Uhhhh we meant to do that. Truth is, we DID mean to do that, and it was hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                          Peewee your my hero!!
                          ( no kidding )

Let's eat grandma
                          Let's eat, grandma

punctuation saves lives

So... applied do you mean you own Pdub? or perhaps he is your hero - you're

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

So... applied do you mean you own Pdub?

:
                            HEY. Don't mess with my sponsor. Ownership is not implied, but Perry sponsors the car. Nobody else does, and I appreciate that.

Comment

• well, I had to ask as that's the South and they don't think they lost the war - so one never knows ;)
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Let's eat grandma
                                Let's eat, grandma

punctuation saves lives

So... applied do you mean you own Pdub? or perhaps he is your hero - you're

Dang phone! I guess I need to get a proof reader!!
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X