Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elcaminogirl59
    replied
    Wow. Its Alive.Congrats to your new Mechanicker WaHoo!!!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I've never done a blower install..nor a turbo.. Drove a couple turbo cars and diesels.. Love them.. I understand I need certain hardware..kits are out of my pocket change ability..
    You both took on an awesome project and FINISHED IT!
    Many many kudos! Congrats..
    Now relearn to drive Red..I think you do not need to downshift many places anymore.
    You are gonna be able to roll into it and get into trouble faster! Remember that..
    Both go for the ride together!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    My tail is waggin' for you! This is going to be (IS!) one hot lil' Mustang! I'm not sure about the noise as I'm used to turbo sounds but it seems reasonable. Just for fun you might want to send that vid to the blower manufacturer and get their opinion but I'd wager all is fine.

Give yourself a huge pat on the back - you done good, even when it got tough for you.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 3, 2017, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Mark my words, this is the start.
    Next I'll put a winch on the front of Red to pull him out of the sand pit in 10A at Road Atlanta, but it'll be a long way to hook up to anything. A REAL long way.

Just sayin.... I think I need to go to bed....pretty sure of it...just sayin

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Gosh what a big deal. I've learned that my wife should have a wrench in her hand, not me. She doesn't turn wrenches all that much but she can sure figure out which one to turn when I can't figure it out to save my life.

Over time here, I've been called a drama queen and a not-a-car-guy and all sorts of things, but ya know what? I really honestly don't care about any of that. that's noise. All I know is, that blower kit was the biggest thing I never should have tried to do, but in the end it cranks and runs. I don't even believe it myself, but it does. It sure does. It actually runs.

THAT's what I've gained from all of this, and I don't think I really want to do all of that again, not THAT project at least...

Mark my words, this is the start.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    it IS a big deal, and you can be proud of yourself forever Princess 'dub (Pdub.. hahahaha.. Boy, I say Boy! Pay attention boy, I say that's a joke son, you're not paying attention.) Ya done good.

I didn't want to say it while you were dealing with the install, but don't be surprised if your laps are longer while you figure it out. It's going to drive different.

OH - that noise? You can't hear it so much if you put long tube headers on it since you're gonna need more exhaust now that you have the intake side covered. And some gear.. cuz you'll want to use 5th gear now or something like that.
    Last edited by Beagle; February 3, 2017, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Gosh what a big deal. I've learned that my wife should have a wrench in her hand, not me. She doesn't turn wrenches all that much but she can sure figure out which one to turn when I can't figure it out to save my life.

Over time here, I've been called a drama queen and a not-a-car-guy and all sorts of things, but ya know what? I really honestly don't care about any of that. that's noise. All I know is, that blower kit was the biggest thing I never should have tried to do, but in the end it cranks and runs. I don't even believe it myself, but it does. It sure does. It actually runs.

THAT's what I've gained from all of this, and I don't think I really want to do all of that again, not THAT project at least...

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by sueunit View Post

Thanks guys, you are too kind. I simply followed some of the suggestions I saw made here for the trouble shooting. While it didn't solve anything, it told us we were going in the right direction. Thanks for all your encouragement. Waiting impatiently for pdub to get home from work...DANG it is only noon!
    That is how a whole bunch of us learned how to fix things.. we listened, used it, found out what works for us. You're selling yourself short - I can't tell you how many people I work with who can't do that very thing. Nice job on the tuner catch too!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    that is what a blower sounds like. Gets louder when the throttle is open. That sound is what you've been waiting for. Yay!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Sue Unit wins AGAIN. She figured out we should take the old tuner and install the stock tune on the motor so the new tuner would recognize the car and then take the new tuner and install the blower tune on it. So now the original stock tune is on the new tuner.

To settle all bets, Red cranks and runs. I'm not sure about all of that awful racket though, I'm not real "up" on blowers. Nothing appears to be scraping anything, or is that what a blower is supposed to sound like? The pumps are working well, I'm amazed, all of it.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmm. This is.....HMMMMMmmmmm. I think I have to order a tune or something (and probably pay for THAT and wait on it), not sure. Hmmmm. It's like the Diablo i2 is just "empty." Hmmmm. Flashbacks and blackouts, I've been here before but I can't remember how it all went. Too many things ago....hmmmm...

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Me too Steve.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    "This vehicle is currently not supported by this tuner. Please hook this tuner up to your online computer and.....etc...." It's all coming back to me now, this part of it. It's not just AR-AR-AR VROOOOM.

Leave a comment:

• sueunit
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

That's good troubleshooting. Nice job Sue.

Congrats on getting that detail out of the way folks. Waiting on the video of the new noises it makes!
    Thanks guys, you are too kind. I simply followed some of the suggestions I saw made here for the trouble shooting. While it didn't solve anything, it told us we were going in the right direction. Thanks for all your encouragement. Waiting impatiently for pdub to get home from work...DANG it is only noon!

Leave a comment:

• RideTech_Ryan
    replied
    This is awesome! Congrats to PDub and Sue. Cant wait to hear the new noise!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X