No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, we're done for the day in the garage. It's glaring that they didn't send all of the enough right hoses to put this thing together. That's okay, we'll go to the store and get hoses, there's nothing magic about a rubber hose. Danged if I'm gonna appeal to Ohio via California about a rubber hose or three not being in the box, that'll take more weeks.

I just hope all of the right shiny hard stuff is in those boxes. I've just gotta keep remembering why.....arrrr-arrrr-arrrr-VROOM! Yep. That's the goal.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Well, by golly. Look at THIS. There's a LOT of parts in those boxes. We waited an extra month for shipment of a "pipe." They eventually sent it overnight from CA, they paid a mint in shipping. But looky here....the part on the left is the part they overnighted. The part on the right is one that was already in the box.

They were missing a part alright but it wasn't a "pipe," it was more than one "hose." As in, rubber hose.

Where's that thread about faith in humanity? Mine's gone away again. Jimminy...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000753.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1137933

Last edited by pdub; December 25, 2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• I've got a great better idea, let's watch football at 4:30 eastern time. The Steelers and the Ravens. What a train wreck, somebody is gonna get hospital hurt during that game. They don't like each other at all. Might be the game of the year up to this point in time. We'll see, and we sure will see.

Comment

• Whatta great football game! Okay, back to the garage, I've got two things up for sale or giveaway to loyal BangShifters. One, a shiny pipe with a 90 degree bend in it, as shown above. Would be a great fancy addition to a saltwater aquarium or a secret hotrod part to put on the back of your washing machine where the drain hose goes into the "gone" hole. Only you'll know it's there, but you'll know it's there. Shiny, fancy. Nice. Aftermarket, hotrod.

And second, and more legitimately, a cold air intake for a 2005-09 Mustang GT. The catch is, you'll have to get a tuner to go with it to see any benefit from it. On the tuner when you buy one at unfair market price, select 93 octane and CAI and you'll feel the difference immediately. Seriously. So a free thing that comes at great cost.

They're both going to the lowest bidder right here on BS, exclusive opportunity. Don't delay, the stock in the warehouse is limited. Only one per each.

Comment

• You COULD be a great guy and offer to send back the shiny pipe. They have a use for it and you really don't. It'll take a child's size slice of humble pie to go with it but I bet they'll applaud your honesty.

On the intake - hope someone can use it. I make my own and am about to do so on the Volvo (I'll probably place a call to Silicone Intake Systems tomorrow) but I'm guessing that yours is too specialized to do us any good on the Volvo. You know, you CAN sell that stuff on RacingJunk.com. Someone will send you real money for that! I'd price it about 1/2 of what you paid for it which is still more% than you're currently thinking. Should be enough to take your Chief Mechanic out to a decent dinner.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              You COULD be a great guy and offer to send back the shiny pipe. They have a use for it and you really don't. It'll take a child's size slice of humble pie to go with it but I bet they'll applaud your honesty.

Dan
              I'm not made that way anymore, I get grumpier as I get older, day by day. If they are going to charge me fives of thousands of dollars to ship me this kit, I would expect them to know what's in it. Maybe I'm expecting too much, I realize that. That would be my fault. So maybe I'm expecting too much.

Comment

• I am holding the shiny pipe hostage. A small slice of humble pie from them won't do it. If they agree to sent the hose that is missing, I will return the shiny thing, if they pay the shipping. All I have to do is get pdub to agree with my plan. I have to wonder what else may come up missing from the kit.

Comment

• Becomes more obvious, Sueunit is the brains of th outfit! .
                  Still love ya, Pdubby!

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                    I am holding the shiny pipe hostage. A small slice of humble pie from them won't do it. If they agree to sent the hose that is missing, I will return the shiny thing, if they pay the shipping. All I have to do is get pdub to agree with my plan. I have to wonder what else may come up missing from the kit.
                    Ammo somehow make that extra shiny pipe fit into a picture frame and I'll hang it on the wall in the living room right next to the P DUB California license plate that Hemi Joel sent us. That's where it's going. In the museum.

Comment

• Slice it lenghtwise and mount the two halves on a nice piece of polished wood.
                      Another idea....have it encased in a clear plastic cube,
                      then place it where visiters just have handle and talk about it......😅

Comment

• Originally posted by malc View Post
                        Slice it lenghtwise and mount the two halves on a nice piece of polished wood.
                        Another idea....have it encased in a clear plastic cube,
                        then place it where visiters just have handle and talk about it......😅
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Pipe Trophy.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1137980

Comment

• I'd say somebody is perturbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            I'd say somebody is perturbed.
                            WHO? Who are you talking about Steve?

Dammit.

Breathe, peewee. This is called fun. Relax. Fun is optional, by choice. Trouble is apparently mandatory. Choose the other way.

The Steelers won. What a great football game. One for the books, one that will go down in highlight history. What a great football game. I'm not worried about pipes and hoses. We have two other rides that will crank. No worries.

Dammit.

Comment

• There you are, go to your happy place ... look at the Daytona video again. You passed somebody for crying out loud, that's FUN !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                                There you are, go to your happy place ... look at the Daytona video again. You passed somebody for crying out loud, that's FUN !!!
                                Yep, that's the happy place alright. I typed it up one time, but I deleted it. I think it's time to type it again. Daytona.

As soon as we got there, I felt like I'd been there a hundred times before. It was all so incredibly familiar, but I'd never been in the pits or the infield or on the track before. I'm two years too young to be the reincarnation of some race car driver who died there, and I don't believe in reincarnation anyhow. But that was amazingly weird. Surreal, like just too much fun being there. Like being back home again. Every moment of it, unreal.

And Red's mouth is gaped open and gutted, and I took him apart myself. Yes, I'm stressed alright. I blame me. I'm to blame.

Comment

Working...
                                X