No announcement yet.

Project "Nothing Going on Here" Stealth Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a filter goes in there, it has to crack open?

Comment

this should fit the bill nicely: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-T...-/162711971513
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

check your pm s

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I have had this engine 3 or 4 cars and it has been out of a car longer than all the times in together since I had it rebuilt . So , yeah I can't remember what direction this water pump is supposed to spin but for that price I think I'll just buy it . The air cleaner I was too late in noticing but I have a pull a part 10 miles away .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

you find a air filter yet??????

Comment

Not yet . Been having problems with the vette . Intermittent not starting due to fuel pump relay not getting fired . Possibly the ecm or maybe a tired relay that works sometimes and not sometimes . Went with the relay today. Yesterday the alternator went out so needing the car to get to work the next day sent $120 bucks . At least it was up top and easy to get to . I did pick up a almost new water pump and pulley . On the negative side two of the three bolts that hold the lower pulley on the dampener pulled the threads out with just a 3/8 ratchet .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

i was asking cause if you find 4.3 tbi air cleaner i have a pretty much new k n filter for one you can have it for what the postage is to get it to you

Comment

the balancer thing sucks heli coil time

Comment

K&N stuff is wasted on me I just don't have the patient to clean and oil the filter . I just like paper . Take it off and throw it away . The vette has a SLP Claw breather track on it with three K&Ns on it and man is it dirty . I'd take a pick of how filthy it is if SBG promises not to pull my vette guy card .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Went to pull a part today to do some harvesting . Got another harmonic balancer , water pump pulley , and crank pulley . All of the serpentine variety . Was going to put them all on but I didn't have 7/16 -24 I think bolt long enough to pull it on with . Wonder if fasenal is open tomorrow. Back in the day Id whack it on with a hand sledge and a board but I really don't feel like spending 40 more if I screw it up . I got the new pump on though . Pics in a minute .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

IIRC...The loaner puller/installer kit from O'Reilly's might have that bolt in it...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

find the filter housing yet?
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Fastenal was closed today but after lunch on the way home I swung buy a local owned ACE hardware and they had the lom
                              nger bolt . $2 and I get to keep it . I think I'll shop for the filter housing after I get it to fire up and have some sort of exhaust on it . I'm really having a hard time not putting flowmasters on it , I'd say only half of me wants continue to run it thru
                              a single 3" pipe with a couple big stock type mufflers . After my lunch settles I'm going out in the garage for a little bit .
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; November 26, 2017, 03:15 PM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Went out and got the pulleys on but seem to be missing 3 bolts for the water pump pulley and I need the belt to keep the balancer from turning . I'm off tomorrow. So , back at it then .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X