• Show
Clear All

• Looking good.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• now ive washed it

Last edited by kyhunter89; October 5, 2013, 12:17 PM.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Notice the rear end is to one side.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
          Notice the rear end is to one side.
          Not until you pointed it out.

That's the kind of stuff I notice about my car though, and it drives me nuts. Mine sits lower on one side than the other, I'm hoping it's in the body mounts as all the suspension parts are new.
          Last edited by 68scott385; October 6, 2013, 12:27 PM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
            Notice the rear end is to one side.
            Most likely the body has shifted on it's mounts. Neither of my cars' axles are centered under the body. After 30 years of potholes, bumps, dips, going in and out driveways causes it to shift on the old worn out mounts.

A four wheel alignment will show if it's out of whack, or the frame is bent. Though, you would notice it driving down the road. It would not be subtle if the frame is bent or the rear axle is sitting crooked under the frame when you drive it. Having a buddy drive it while you follow behind the car would show that very quickly.

Or, you could measure the brake backing plates to the frame on each side to see if it's not centered.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Well, now I've got it sitting on level and it looks perfectly centered. Raining and at my new place so have nowhere covered yet.

Always think one side is sitting lower than the other but I think its in my head. I do have a 12mm bolt through the upper housing mount and the control arm has a 1/2" hole. I bring this up because I spun the tires for a split second yesterday and it started wheel hopping. I may take the upper arms off and re-do them completely.

One more picture and i'll quit being a post whore.

Comment

• How much room between the inside of the rear tire and the inner wheelwell and/or frame rail?
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• I am pretty sure you are OK being a post whore as long as there are pictures
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                    How much room between the inside of the rear tire and the inner wheelwell and/or frame rail?
                    1/2" or so, more than I figured I would. Hasnt rubbed yet. I stranded 30 miles from home in it right now, altnator died. Ill throw an extra one on it in the morning and try making it home. Stock would have been a si12? 140Amp one is $100 shipped on ebay.
                    One im looking at says 3 oclock position.

Last edited by kyhunter89; October 9, 2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• you'll need to relocate the upper arms to stop the hopping. On my skylark, once I had everything correct in the rear; then it started hopping - so rebuilding it will probably make it worse, not better.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 9, 2013, 06:15 AM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That is what I was thinking. Raise the upper rear mounting point, or lower the upper front mounting point.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Swapped the alt out with an ancient looking one and fixed it, it also started right back instantly after shutting it off after the 30 mile drive home.
                          Speedo reads 65 when going 63. Close enough for the girls I go with. Seeing as I threw the Speedo gears in it just to get it moving.

changing and making the instant center wont help at all unless I can get all the slop ouy, right? And plan on making adjustable lowers and drilling new holes for te control arms.

Comment

• Summary of the last week, went from a 12si to a 10si to a cs130 alt, killed 3 belts. Think my timing has been moving around causing me problems.

Comment

• Tightened the distributor down and set the timing to 14 initial. It stumbles off idle, always has with this carb, if I go wtfo from idle, should I try rejetting the 650 4150 4777-7?

Comment

• I'd try another power valve but I'm a hack with a carb... ymmv.

I wish I had a dog dish / flat cap to send, I'm really curious to see what it looks like with them. The big caps seem like they need to be on a bigger car. Not a complaint, just curiousity. Car looks mean with the fatass rear meats.
                                Last edited by Beagle; October 25, 2013, 05:22 AM.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X