My 7 Sec Buick V6 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 7 Sec Buick V6 Build

This is what i started with a rare WE4 All that's left is the quarter panels and roof

Next to my 9 sec street car

I almost forgot the video that shows it a 7 sec ride with more left in it.
    I built the motor with good parts:
    Billet crank,Oliver rods,Buick stage 2 block and heads with a XFI system and a 47/88 turbo,550# Moran Injectors and Cal Hartline http://www.hartlineperformance.com/ helping me with the tune. 1050 RWHP on 32# Boost on alcohol and 26# boost at the track 7.96.. I got rid of the street tires (MT ET Streets) and put real slicks on it 33X17 and a wing.I hope to turn it up this summer and see what it will run on 35 To 40 # boost Hehe

Comment

Here is the dyno pull video and you can hear and see a miss fire.Call at Hartline Performance helped figure out that the cam and crank signal were stacked ontop of each other and the XFI didnt like it. I fixed that and it was good to go to the track after i fixed the valve cover leak that was smoking in the video..
      Gene Fleury's tube chassis Stage 2 Buick V6 puts over a thousand horsepower to the tire with the help of the one and only Cal Hartline!
      Last edited by BuickV6; June 5, 2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

NICE! And retained the V6 even, bonus points!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

awesome... another Buick guy in Washington....

The 9s car looks quite familar...

welcome aboard.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Buick power! Nice. V-6 too!

Comment

Hooray for another V6 on board! Granted, mine is probably half the 1/4 capability as yours is planned for but oh well. Amazing job on the fabrication, wish I had the tools and skill that you have for something like that.
              2000 Firebird
              ●H/C/I●Longtubes●Strano HP7●T56 swapped●

Comment

Nothing but respect for GN's. Nice car and thanks for the Pics.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

holy shit!
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Oh. oh. oh boy!!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Holy mother of chassis work and fabrication - nice work recreating the grille with the airbrush too - amazing work. WOW.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No fooling nice airbrush work....... even has radiator and other stuff painted in behind the grill work. Double damn!

Very nice.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Wow, just wow!! Turbo pron...

I always thought one of these would make a really cool American Iron roadracing car.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

The choice of silver instead of black is refreshing. Freakin incredible build!

Comment

[QUOTE=SuperBuickGuy;648439]awesome... another Buick guy in Washington....

The 9s car looks quite familar...

[QUOTE]
                              Its been kicked out of Pacific Raceway a few times. Ive had that car for 15 plus years so you may have seen it running around the Lynnwood area.We have a shop in Everett that works on alot of the local GN,s in the area. http://www.gnnorthwest.com/
                              Should be running the race car at Seattle soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X