• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could beat on a Mustang with a BFH
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I wish I could beat on a Mustang with a BFH
      Why do I get this feeling you were traumatized by a Ford when you were a small child?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbg.png
Views:	82
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	1032549
      Last edited by Beagle; May 18, 2015, 08:06 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I wish I could beat on a Mustang with a BFH
        you can go buy one..... Drive it around for a little while you never know you might like it
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	67EA39E4-3A56-4F47-B8DD-F8FB4FD16CE9_zpswtorxkt3.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1034328Click image for larger version

Name:	0DB11CF8-F124-4101-874A-D397A0E4120C_zps2hcv5ytf.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1034327The gap was too big so I thought that I would do something about it
          Last edited by langleylad; May 24, 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

you can go buy one..... Drive it around for a little while you never know you might like it

well now, there's the problem - to make them run, they need an LS motor. with that said, I have driven several, briefly, but just like the Solstice - they're both the right idea but I simply don't fit.

nice job on re-gaping that panel

Comment

• lookin great!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• One of the most interesting builds I've come across in a while, sweet!
                Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	439B0F3C-8B26-4538-AAB8-5891B02A28D6_zpscvwzvn5q.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1036086 I've moved from the back to the front , I've shaved the cowl and smoothing out the firewall . Oh ya , thanks for the compliments .
                  Last edited by langleylad; May 31, 2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• You are inspiring...and very welcome!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thanks Patrick

There is a method to the madness of shaving the cowl . Not only does it clean up the cowl but since I've changed the firewall ( smoothed and moved a section back 3" ) the stock heater box no longer fits . I planned on installing a Vintage Air A/C unit anyhow ( when I have the cash ) and this set up doesn't require a fresh air source it just recycles the cabin air . So the cowl vents are not needed , so why have them .

Comment

well now, there's the problem - to make them run, they need an LS motor. with that said, I have driven several, briefly, but just like the Solstice - they're both the right idea but I simply don't fit.

nice job on re-gaping that panel
                        Why do you need to put a LS motor in a Mustang to beat it with a BFH? I did not fit well in the 68 mustang. The steering wheel was not in the middle of the seat. made me want to sit next to the door. I fit well the 89 other than the Mark 8 it was the most comfortable car I have owned. The 98 was a little more cramped they did some funny things with the door panels and they ate up some room. Other than to do a burn out I have never driven an 05+ car (it was a rental my buddy could not figure out how to spin the tire on a v6 auto car, gave him a quick lesson).
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Lately I've been seam sealing and I replaced the battery box panel with a straight sheet metal piece that I've bead rolled . Plus I've been looking into tire sizes , I'm leaning towards 265/35/18 in the front and 315/30/18 in the rear . Michelin Pilot Sports PS2 .

Comment

• I'm stuck in a tough spot here .There biggest rear tire that I can run requires an 11" wheel and we all want to run the biggest tire that we can get away with , right?. The thing is that there is a big difference in price between an 11" wheel and a 10" wheel plus there is a larger selection of 10" wheels without getting into custom sizes . I guess it comes down to compromise , this sucks . It's not going to be a show car or track car , it's going to be a street car . Some of these pro-touring wheels are $1100 a piece American , I'm Canadian so add on another 20% plus freight .You can see where I'm going here , again compromise . It still sucks .

Comment

• Wheel size can be a pain in the pocket book for sure. A 315 on a 10" will be a bi of a compromise, but not fatal. The wider wheel will create a bit more section width. On my '71 Mustang a 315/60 on a 15x10" is the absolute maximum. For a road race style wheel I can get a 345/19 under the car in the back on a 12" wheel. Good luck and good hunting.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Why do you need to put a LS motor in a Mustang to beat it with a BFH? I did not fit well in the 68 mustang. The steering wheel was not in the middle of the seat. made me want to sit next to the door. I fit well the 89 other than the Mark 8 it was the most comfortable car I have owned. The 98 was a little more cramped they did some funny things with the door panels and they ate up some room. Other than to do a burn out I have never driven an 05+ car (it was a rental my buddy could not figure out how to spin the tire on a v6 auto car, gave him a quick lesson).

I don't fit - the GM motor seems to fit quite well, but that's been a thing since 1955.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 4, 2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X