Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
    Here's a "pro tip" from an amature , when wiring a vehicle try to resist the urge to cable tie all your wires into a nice neat bundle under the dash, Because you never know maybe one day you might want to swap out your EFI harness ... one thing that I'm enjoying about retirement is the fact that if I start something today , I can finish it tomorrow .
    I tend to use that slit plastic tube you can buy at Advance, etc. I call it crinkle tube but I think that's just my name for it. The point is that you can pull wires out of it when needed though sometimes they do get twisted around each other. And it's cheap and easy. Describes several of us......

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I tend to use that slit plastic tube you can buy at Advance, etc. I call it crinkle tube but I think that's just my name for it. The point is that you can pull wires out of it when needed though sometimes they do get twisted around each other. And it's cheap and easy. Describes several of us......

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2321.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1352430 I’m really impressed at how much the DSE subframe connectors stiffened this thing up. With just one jack stand placed behind the front tire the back tire is off the ground as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2321.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1352430 I’m really impressed at how much the DSE subframe connectors stiffened this thing up. With just one jack stand placed behind the front tire the back tire is off the ground as well.
          subframe connectors are the very first thing i buy (or build if there arent any) for any subframe car.
          they are amazing. similar experience with 67 camaro and a 75 astre where rear tire came off ground
          as well. gotta love a product that works even better than you think it will......

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

subframe connectors are the very first thing i buy (or build if there arent any) for any subframe car.
            they are amazing. similar experience with 67 camaro and a 75 astre where rear tire came off ground
            as well. gotta love a product that works even better than you think it will......

Back in the day I built a V8 Vega , the rear passenger side quarter panel showed that it didn't have connectors ... kink

Comment

Working...
            X