Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Some guys cruise the pits and call other's ideas "stupid" and so on, guess who copies them next event? Lol
    How do you hear them? anyone with that low-level of IQ couldn't possibly sign.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    I value the opinion of people who prove themselves not to be douchebags....

and yet you still talk to me... weird ;)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 8, 2015, 10:32 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Aaron
      Body language is pretty obvious, plus my kid tells me..

At Crescent City one old boy called him a cheater because there was "pipe" in his frame.. NOPE, t'was merely the bumper shock stuffed inside the frame instead of beside it..

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Scott, does the Caprice need to go away before you can start working on the truck?
        Not really. I have most of the pieces to change engine and trans except intake manifold and spark plugs.

The Caprice has to go if I want to finally paint my Impala.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Might as well enjoy the engine before you sell the Caprice..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Might as well enjoy the engine before you sell the Caprice..
            I have already put 1500 miles on it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I haven't driven the truck in over a month. It's just been sitting in the driveway, ignored. When I ran home for lunch the other day, the panhard bar fell off and started dragging on the Impala. So, I turned around and parked it in the street and got in the truck. But, the battery was stone dead. I apparently, have a drain somewhere. I think I already found it. After charging the battery and driving it a while, I noticed the dome light was not working. It is a junkyard replacement, upgrade over the broken one, with a new bulb. I used the ole handy dandy test light and I am getting a low voltage positive readout on both sides of the bulb. Not at the plug under the dash. So, somewhere under the carpet the wire must be grounding out.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I got busy pulling the old 350. Its an non-roller 638 casting block. Anybody want it?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Last night I got the engine pulled. Its cool to pull an engine inside in a garage. I was wrong as bout the casting number. It is a 77-79 '379' 350 shortblock. It doesn't really mean anything except I cant reuse the flywheel. I need for an '86 or newer 350.

Tonight, I worked on getting that trans out. I am nearly there. My plan to lift it out with the engine hoist didnt work out. It will come out the bottom. Setting it on a furniture dolly.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• greasy 2 bolt main, 2 piece rear-main 350. Even though it's not worth much, I wouldn't scrap either - since it runs, it does have value to keep wrapped up and in a corner; someone will need it.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Tonight, I worked on getting that trans out...
                      You swapping in a different trans Scott?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        greasy 2 bolt main, 2 piece rear-main 350. Even though it's not worth much, I wouldn't scrap either - since it runs, it does have value to keep wrapped up and in a corner; someone will need it.
                        Around here, low buck derby guys will snap it up. A coworker already expressed interest in it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

You swapping in a different trans Scott?
                          Yes. My spare A833OD just like what is in the Impala. Will make highway driving much more fun with the truck's 3.54 gears.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Around here, low buck derby guys will snap it up. A coworker already expressed interest in it.
                            I plan on just holding on to my old engine... unless I become hard up on cash. figure I may come across another project in the future that might need an engine. Still have the powerglide sitting in the corner. after it puked all over my garage floor.
                            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Very cool Scott!! Can't wait to hear your driving impressions after its back together!
                              Last edited by andy30thz; August 13, 2015, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post

I plan on just holding on to my old engine... unless I become hard up on cash. figure I may come across another project in the future that might need an engine. Still have the powerglide sitting in the corner. after it puked all over my garage floor.
                                To me, it is just in the way. I have another sbc 400 short block I am selling too because I am not going to use it. I am not turning my back yard into a salvage yard. Working for an engine company means that I don't need to hoard engines.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X