Rules are out- watcha bringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules are out- watcha bringing?

OK- the rules are finally out and we have about 6 months to prepare- what are planning on bringing? What class are you planning on running? What is your cars current condition- what do you have to do to get it finished?

Me- backhalved 1965 chevy pickup with a 489 and maybe some N2O. Engine is currently a bare block sitting next to the truck. Need to buy a crank, get it together and drive/ test the snot out of it. Oh- and I may be swapping over to EFI if time permits. Never done EFI or N20, so a lot of learning in my future. Class- daily driver or possibly modified.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

86 mustang, with a 302 that i got for free, AOD. It runs and have taken it to the track but I need to get the exhaust and interior done, then drive it to see if the cooling is up to snuff. Either DD or SB/NA. I have been building this car for two years to take to DW, just work, and money have interfered. So this car goes to DW '12 or I stay home, boo.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

2005 Mustang, 323 big bore stroker 3v with a procharger running sb pa

Comment

same car as last year,53 ford 2 dr sedan, added a msd 6al,quick fuel 750 dp carb,frankland quick chnage rearend, and thinking about changing from a 3500 stall to a 4500.will decide after i see how the other mods effect it.

Comment

same car.63 plymouth,500" pump gas motor,only very minor changes and running dd again.my dad or brother one will be in my 72 dodge long bed,400 with some nitrous in sb/pa most likely.brother is tryin to be ready with his pro street n/a 69 camaro.but my old pickup is a backup.
          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
            frankland quick chnage rearend
            neat! don't see those in drag cars too often....
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I really need to make up my mind. I think LSC and it's making progress, but I'm starting to think about the '98 Mustang needing a BBF for DD. It would be a heck of a lot less work and I know a lot more about the car's history / flakey points plus it's already insured and titled correctly. I could probably even EFI it. The route in September will hopefully be perfect covertible weather... but do I really want to cage it?
              Last edited by Beagle; February 12, 2012, 10:13 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If I make it, it'll be a Mopar in Daily Driver.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

68 Barracuda in daily driver.
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

1983 Ford Mustang GT, 545 cube BBF, C6, 3.90 gears, head gaskets firmly bolted in place along with a nice wideband setup to make sure they stay that way!!!

Oh yeah... BB N/A! Playing the odds!
                    Last edited by BBR; February 12, 2012, 01:27 PM.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

i talked to frankland and few sprint car guys around here..everyone has said with my power to weight ratio i wont hurt it..im gonna cryogenic the input shaft...it seems to be the weak link ..be nice to run a 3:00 gear and put the 4:56 in at the track.... im gonna play with some other ratios to see how it acts,4:11,4:88..

Comment

Bringin my '53 again. (see pic to the left)
                        Ran 12.70's at the last race of KCIR. (RIP)
                        Gonna do some head work,as they are as cast Darts now. Upgrading exhaust and a couple other items. Gonna try and shave a few more tenths to hopefully get into the 32 car bracket on Friday in DD.
                        Really I just like spending another Drag Week with my Dad riding along again this year!! And FINISHING!!

Dan
                        Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                        Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                        Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                        Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

I hope to be back for 012 with the 56 and Allen
                          engine had 20,000 miles and a leaking head gasket for 2 years
                          so i freshened the 421ci sbc, running same cam, heads, etc. Made a couple little improvements
                          I probably will make a convertor or rear end gear change by DW.

Need a little more in the tank this year.

DD/NA
                          bob

Comment

ill be back with my 68 nova... 461 bbc on a 150 shot of nitrous or a 496 stroker. all the leaks and overheating issues should be taken care of. hoping to run around that 10.80-11.00 mark in DD.
                            Last edited by dougs67; February 12, 2012, 08:02 PM.
                            Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

I 'm bringing my 98 Mustang Cobra with a fresh 4.6 DOHC. Little engine,big turbo. Not sure if I will run sb/pa yet. Depends if the changes I made to it makes it leave a little harder
                              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X