No announcement yet.

Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Blessings.

Comment

Leon, Everyone will miss Sharon. The both of you have touched many lives. Our prayers are with you and your family.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Mary and I offer our condolences too Leon. Our thoughts and prayers will continue for you and your family.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

So sorry to hear Leon. Sharon will be missed by all that she and you touched.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Leon, as everyone above has said, sorry to hear.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

So very sorry for your loss. We are fortunate to have met and talked with Sharon. You and Sharon were a very big part of making Donna and I feel welcome on the tour. Our condolences.
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post
                I have an empty feeling I can't describe.
                I hear you brother.
                Been avoiding this post all morning and now I've cried and am a mess.
                Please use your friends here, to help you through these troubled times.
                We all love you my friend.

Comment

So sorry to hear, Leon. Knowing it's going to happen doesn't make it any easier when the time comes.
                  The following is a poem that was on a condolence card sent to me when my mother passed away from cancer. It touched my heart, and I hope it gives you a little comfort.

Do not stand by my grave and weep,
                  I am not there. I do not sleep.
                  I am a thousand winds that blow.
                  I am a diamond glint of snow.
                  I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
                  I am the gentle autumn rain.
                  When you awake in the morning hush,
                  I am the swift, uplifting rush
                  Of quiet birds in circling flight.
                  I am the soft starshine at night.
                  Do not stand by my grave and cry,
                  I am not there... I did not die.
                  Last edited by elcaminogirl59; July 9, 2011, 10:46 AM.
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Phil & I also send our condolences.

I'm glad we had a nice talk last night and even though you said Sharon's time was near, it's still a shock when it happens. And though we know that Sharon is in a better place now and out of any pain, that doesn't stop the deep sadness you feel right now. Sharon was a really nice person, fun to be with, the other half of you and everyone who knew her will miss her. To honor Sharon, I pulled out my pink Breast Cancer Awareness bracelet that I purchased at a car show we go to each year that raises money for Breast Cancer and will wear it.

Gwen

Comment

i've been checking this thread everyday, not wanting to read that she has left, but waiting to read the the her pain has ended. cherish the memories and good times. sharon will live on in your heart and every thing you do. she has touched more people than you can probably even realize. i feel your pain and understand what your are going thru. feel free to cry on our shoulders, we are all here for you.

Comment

Sorry to hear she's moved on. Take care of yourself.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Leon, I'm so sorry to hear of Sharon's passing. Remember all of the good times you had together to help you thru these difficult times. May family and friends help you with the felling of loss you have. Sharon was a very special person and will be missed by many. Remember this as you go through this stressful transition.
                          May God help you thru your loss.

Best Regards,
                          John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Sharon's services will be 10:00 Monday July 18th at Ridgecrest United Methodist Church 639 North Norma Street, Ridgecrest, CA 93555 with a reception to follow. Interment will be at the Riverside National Cemetery. We are planning a small group to go there on Wednesday the 20th to visit and gather any friends in the southern California area that wish to meet us there.

In lieu of flowers, we have set up an account with the Ridgecrest Regional Hospital Foundation. Any donations will go to a leaf of the "Tree of Life" with her name engraved on it, from her friends. This goes toward purchasing equipment to help others, and provides a lasting memorial dedicated to her. I've talked with Linda and if there is enough response to get a leaf from the Forum Freaks, we would do that. We'll work out details, but you can contact Linda if you want to donate. Sharon and I have talked in the past about this, and this made so much more sense than some flowers that would be thrown away two days later. It would be a memorial to her that would last, and the money would go toward equipment at the hospital that took such good care of her. We bought a leaf in my parent's name when my father passed two years ago. To get information on the foundation - http://www.rrh.org/our-foundation

Thank you all for your support. At a time like this is when you really appreciate the friendship we've built over the years. Sharon always said to tip a glass in her honor, so Monday the 18th at lunch, have a drink for her.

Comment

Leon,

When the time came I was going to ask you what Sharon's favorite charity was. A leaf in Sharon's name for the Tree of Life seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Gwen

Comment

Sharon

Leon, words cannot convey the heaviness in my heart right now....even with the comfort of her being in the presence of our creator. Susie is in tears and we have and will continue to pray for you.
                                Mike & Susie Anderson
                                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X