Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintoboy77 Torino Project (Lost in a restoration black hole)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg, still waiting on info... It looks like Tammy and I may be going down mid-week. they are trying to diagnose what is going on... Possibly congestive heart failure with a side of the flu...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Well we hope for the best for all.
      That's what they are talking Phil but I have had them before but the shoulder was so messed up they didn't work.
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• They have a new compound they inject instead of cortisone..........it's thicker and is made with something like a form of chicken fat. Mary had that put into her knee last time, and it's supposed to work more like the natural material in the joint.....ask your doctor about it. She thinks it's better.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Do you have the name of the stuff? My last cortisone shot wasn't as helpful as previous ones and I really would like to avoid having my left shoulder done.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Do you have the name of the stuff? My last cortisone shot wasn't as helpful as previous ones and I really would like to avoid having my left shoulder done.
            It's called Synvisc........she says it's a gel, made from chicken fat..........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Thanks Ed I will discus this with him he really wants me to do the surgery before the AC joint eats up the rotator cuff again it's already some what messed up. I have to go back in 6 weeks but at the same time I have to go back and fight with workers comp.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Hope it works out for you guys.....she's getting along very well, and I like the fact that she's no longer getting cortisone......I'm not sure that stuff is good for ya..........
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 25, 2015, 07:58 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• I don't believe it is either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                    I don't believe it is either.
                    OK, so how many things that make you feel good are good for you?

Comment

That's a loaded question..........
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                        I haven't decided to do surgery and if I do it will be after power tour they say I can get shots in it that will help. They told me some people do just fine on the shots but they get them every 6mos. Something to think about. Has Tammy left yet to be with her dad.
                        I have a similar situation, Greg, but mine is knee replacement. Saw the Ortho surgeon last week. He said he has done about 8000 knee replacements, and never seen an exray that looked like mine. He's not sure how I'm still able to walk! I told him that it's due to my post-stroke residual, I don't feel hot and cold, or pain on my left side. Surgery scheduled for March 27, hopefully, recovery will be close to complete by HRPT, otherwise we will have to do a plan B. Deb won't drive the Chevelle!
                        Hope the shots work well for you!!
                        Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                        Gregg and Deb Miller
                        Verona, Wi.

Comment

• Good luck with that Gregg I haven't decided on anything yet I still have to go fight workers comp.

Comment

• Looks like silly season starts early in Fla... No offense, but Tammy's dad checked himself out of the hospital, and, we are planning to hit the road Friday...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Well be careful driving east and be safe prayers sent and fingers crossed.

Comment

Nothing that someone out there wouldn't consider debatable.
                                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                                X