Had to kiss them Good-Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to kiss them Good-Bye

About a week ago i put Thumpr (the chevelle) on craigslist. Well a guy called me two days after putting it up and wanted some info on it and i told him to call dad. Dad and him talked for a while and dad told him he had another car for sale too (the belair). Sunday while i was at the Falcons and Pathers game, the guy came over to look at both cars and dad gave him a heck of a deal. Well Yesterday at about 6 o'clock the 65 was loaded up on a trailer and it was kissed good-bye. The guy comes and picks up the Chevelle this weekend or next week. So as of yesterday, we no longer own the Chevelle or the Belair. I've shed my tears but its time to move on to something different.
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Bummer. Breaks my heart too, Evan.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It definitely broke my heart seeing it go. I went and sat in the Chevelle that night and just sat there for about 10 minutes having every memory race through my mind. Building the car was a huge learning experience and i cant wait to do it with another car. But the moments I've had with the Chevelle and the Bel-air are totally unforgeable. The Chevelle was my first car ever and it means the most to me, i pray that it goes to a good owner that is responsible enough to own it and not ruin the car. I few tears were shed while i was sitting there.
      76 vega
      86 fiero

Comment

Has he lost his mind?
        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Hang in there kid, I've lost more than a few myself. It's funny the way my mind wandered to girls/cars lost. I can't remember some names, but I remember polishing bumpers in my room late at night.
          You still have the vega, right?
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I still have the Vega, firebird, fiero, and vette
            76 vega
            86 fiero

Comment

Sorry to hear they had to go. I am sure its for the best. There are other cars on the sea.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

WOW! I tought your dad was jokeing when he told us he was thinking of selling both of them when we were there. Somebody got two very nice cars for a hell of a deal. You guys did a great job building both of them. But don't worry you can always build another one and no one can take the memories you have. And even when thoose cars show up somewhere they will still be known as your alls car to us.

Comment

That's a bummer Evan - both were sweet cars and so will the next one be too.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Those were some very nice cars y'all built together enjoy the memories.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Brent has lost his mind.....I,m gonna buy a motorhome,....guess being a granddad has made him old
                      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Damn Evan.... I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully both car ended up with someone that will truly appreciate them and take care of them. I Loved the Chevelle!!
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

Evan, Cars do come and go, but your memory's are always your's......You'll move on to another project and will make more memories....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Sorry to hear that Evan, but it's kind of a "rite of passage" that may end up applying to many people and things in life. I certainly understand the depth of your attachment, but better to learn to lose with courage and dignity early. It will serve you well. I remember my best girl in the early 70's told me it was her or my 69 390/4sp AMX.....sure, I miss her, but I got over it.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                              I remember my best girl in the early 70's told me it was her or my 69 390/4sp AMX.....sure, I miss her, but I got over it.
                              WOW - let me see - a hottie or an AMX - that must have been in your reality challenged days!

Comment

Working...
                              X