X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    anyone know if they changed Biloxi as a stop?..........travelplanners now has that day's stop as TBD.......rexx!
    Hey Dave, do me a favor would ya?? Send them a message and tell them 'the list' is well underway, and we don't want any of this kind of changes!

Thanks.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 15, 2014, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    anyone know if they changed Biloxi as a stop?..........travelplanners now has that day's stop as TBD.......rexx!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Check some of the other threads too for room suggestions. Like Mike said you stay in the city the day the event was held there. Wake up the next day and drive to the next venue, then stay there (or nearby) and usually hotels for 30 miles around are full of Hot Rodders so pick a chain with your price range in mind, And, yes, you win best new screen name of the year. Prize is one free beer or water or pop from everyone's cooler. There, we just saved you a bunch of money. Tally - Ho !

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    You will want to book your rooms for the same date as the listed venue. The night of the 6th in Madison (Wi.) & the 7th in Champaign (check in the 7th-out the 8th), night of the 8th for the Madison Illinois area, etc. The exception of course would be if you are coming into Madison (Wi.) on Friday & then you would have both the 5th & 6th there & checkout the morning of the 7th. To simplify, you get up in the morning, drive to the next venue, spend that night in that host city & repeat that process the next day. Sounds a bit confusing but not once you figure it out.

As far as how & where to get hotel reservations there is a lot of info on here as to where other folks will be staying. I make all of mine on line. Either through the Holiday Inn website or Choice Hotels, Wyndam, etc. Some people prefer to call. Never get a reservation that can not be canceled the day of check-in. Never know what will happen. BTW - love the handle. Welcome aboard the site.

Leave a comment:

• Alimonytony
    replied
    I'm doing the tour from Wisconsin for the first time. Can you help me with the hotel system? Also I'm kind of confused on the date to reserve one. Would it be the night before the events or the morning before or both? Thanks in advance! - AL

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
    Nice raise Steve.....
    Yeah, I wish ... more like $0 x 2 = $00

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

what day are you planning on getting into Madtown (Friday, or late Thursday)?..... rexx!
    Thursday - see ya there - It's only about 7 hrs. from here I think based on 2009 same run.
    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 14, 2014, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    I know, right? When they promoted me to Super Moderator, they doubled my salary !
    Nice raise Steve.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 66Fury3; December 14, 2014, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTPilot88
    replied
    Phil sent you a pm

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    Sounds good Perry - looking forward to it. Andrew - I will likely leave Thursday morning for MadTown.

what day are you planning on getting into Madtown (Friday, or late Thursday)?..... rexx!
    Last edited by rexdogg; December 13, 2014, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post

two things, for a land-locked guy from Nebraska, I'm interested in jamming my feet in coastal waters for a change.
    As far as wave action, which hotels had water beds?
    ah...yeah...I had to with that comment.
    Heck Andrew, Laura & I have our own waterbed & we are right here in Nebraska. And as far as "wave action" goes, well, we are still on our honeymoon..................
    Last edited by 67 Malibu; December 13, 2014, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    BOOKED! Nice pick Phil guess me and the boys will be your shadow except for Biloxi, they didn't have what I needed. email on the way Ed.
    Sounds good Perry - looking forward to it. Andrew - I will likely leave Thursday morning for MadTown.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    re-post as I posted in da wrong place I guess - Registered and hotels done - Comfort Inn Madison, Wi. - Downtown Sleep Inn – Urbana, IL. Comfort Inn – Collinsville, IL. Comfort Suites – Olive Branch, MS. (south of Memphis) Quality Inn – Pelham, AL. Quality Inn – Biloxi Beach, MS. Comfort Suite – Gonzales, LA.
    BOOKED! Nice pick Phil guess me and the boys will be your shadow except for Biloxi, they didn't have what I needed. email on the way Ed.
    Last edited by corvettedad; December 12, 2014, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by george1861 View Post
    No, beach @ Biloxi is nothing to get excited about. The good beaches run from Orange Bch., Ala to Panama City Beach., Fla.
    I meant to tell you that you live on the nicest beach on the planet IMHO..........

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

Beaches in Biloxi are as nice, lots of white sand and wide, not as much wave action as in Florida due to barrier islands. I do stay on the beach for Crus'in the Coast and will probity stay there for PT. but I'm not a beach person...hate sand !

two things, for a land-locked guy from Nebraska, I'm interested in jamming my feet in coastal waters for a change.
    As far as wave action, which hotels had water beds?
    ah...yeah...I had to with that comment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X