No announcement yet.

2015 PowerTour Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more tweaks and the bird will be ready for tour.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Batjac65 View Post
        Hi - I just found this site while looking for information on the HRPT. Great site and some amazing cars. I'm hoping that I am going to be able to get away for some of the tour, not likely that I will be able to do the Long Haul, but would really like to. If I make it, I'll be green. I got new hood emblems screwed down since i took these....anyway, I hope to see some of you out there.

Batjac65, Awesome truck! Looking forward to see it...... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• First time Power Tour!!!
          No plan B... My old truck has to make it!

Comment

• Welcome aboard riche -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by riche View Post
              First time Power Tour!!!
              Cool truck! I have a 67 myself, but she has too many issues to even think about going more than an hour or two from home right now. It's mostly the rats nest of wiring. I have an AAW harness for it, but no time to install it, so I'm focused on my 65 Mustang which is way more road trip friendly at the moment.
              Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 13, 2015, 10:19 AM.
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Welcome aboard y'all ! This may be your first tour, but it won't be your last.

Comment

• Thanks for the welcomes, Was Google searching HRPT info and ran across this site. Really looking forward to the trip!
                  Yeah Jessie, I think all of these old trucks have been violated electrically. LOL
                  Last edited by riche; April 13, 2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Mine has been extra violated, I bought it when I was 15, (34 now) so most of it is likely my fault!

I know what I'm doing now, I swear!

The biggest issue is the 67/68 trucks have an even smaller fuse block than the 69-72's so there was even less space for me to hook up all my super cool teenager add ons. I bandaged the underhood harness about 10 years ago by replacing it with a "better one" that wasn't as cut up from another truck. It's time for "all new"!

Lately there has been all sorts of gremlins. Lights randomly working/not working, same with turn signals, randomly not charging, then working fine... all of the grounds have been cleaned so it's time to get rid of the old fire hazard.

This will be my 2nd tour (did two stops last year) but running the whole thing this year.
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 13, 2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Ha ha ha... I have no idea what you are talking about, I had my truck Since I was 15 also it was my dads old LWB. I converted it to SWB with a doner truck when I was 18 or so.
                      Anyway, I Had more time than money when I decided to get it back running a few years ago and well I have no idea how anything electrical even worked back then with all the crazy splices I did. LOL

Comment

• Welcome, youse guys. I'm digging all these trucks!
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by riche View Post
                          First time Power Tour!!!
                          I think I have talked to you over on LCTC and CTC. I spoke briefly with a few of the LCTC at Cruise Central last year.
                          I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• Yeah that's me Mike, I figured I would join the forum. Looks like a lot of power tour folks on here! Didn't you say you were going to make a few stops?

Comment

• Just looking through this thread and looking forward to re-aquainting with some of my friends from years past and meeting new ones. I really love all the cars and look forward to checking them out.............

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                Welcome, youse guys. I'm digging all these trucks!
                                I bought my first truck when I was 13. I didn't buy my first car until I was 31.

Comment

Working...
                                X